The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 8,100 branch locations across the world and more than 78,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.4 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The Network Operations team provides third level support for the organization's global networks. Supported technologies include enterprise-class routing, switching, load balancing and firewall solutions in the datacenter, cloud and across the WAN. The Manager will work with peer support teams and service providers to quickly resolve complex networking problems and restore service to our customers. The candidate will manage relationships between Network Operations and peer engineering teams to implement new business solutions into the environment. Through rigorous execution and change management processes, the Manager will be accountable for the successful implementation and risk management during these implementations.
The Manager will be responsible for providing direct supervision to an exceptional group of talented individuals in both technical and professional roles. They will be responsible for people management activities including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews. The Manager will be responsible for execution of operational, tactical, and strategic activities on a day-to-day basis, including technical support for individual tasks.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- 2+ years of experience managing a professional IT staff
- Knowledge and experience implementing ITIL functions including event, incident and problem management
- Demonstrated experience in requirement gathering, including analyzing symptoms and causes, identifying and defining the problem to be solved and developing solutions
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, including good listening skills
- Must be able to direct technical individuals in achieving project goals
- Ability to work independently on projects in a team environment, making decisions on assignments, and accept responsibility/ownership for projects and tasks
- Ability to handle management of numerous and varied projects simultaneously
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships with subordinates, peers, management and departments within IT
- Excellent meeting participation and facilitation skills; including the ability to keep meetings focused, manage conflict, and summarize meeting highlights
- Enforce quality standards for products or services
- Ability to connect and engage team in the business
- Must be able to implement task automation and process improvements; recommend enhancements that result in increased quality and efficiencies
- Must have experience defining and manage services level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards; identify opportunities for improvement; ensure requirements are met