Building Maintenance Technician - Alexandria,VA
The Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for the basic maintenance and repair of building assets at our rental branches and administrative locations. This position may require work in grounds-keeping, painting, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, telecommunications, signs and lighting, snow and ice removal or other maintenance tasks as assigned. This position is also responsible for moving items and cleaning.
This position will be servicing branches in the DC Metro Area. This is a full time position working 40 hours a week Monday through Friday. Opportunities for overtime may arise. This position offers great benefits and use of a company vehicle during work hours.
Starting pay is $18.00/hour, however with 2 years experience in Data and Phone Cable installation experience the pay is $23.22. Opportunities for pay increases based on good performance.
- Timely completion of work orders generated by call-in requests or preventive maintenance scheduled
- Ability to run computer cable
- General maintenance and repair work including electrical, mechanical, telecommunications, signs and lighting, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpentry, grounds keeping, snow and ice removal as requested
- Moving items as needed (i.e. furniture, file cabinets, boxes, etc.)
- Delivery of office and building supplies to the correct department
- Cleaning not assigned to cleaning crew
- Exhibit a professional appearance and comply with all uniform requirements
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Requires ability to perform manual labor, such as, bending, kneeling, crouching, lifting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time
- Work environment involves moderate exposure to hazards or physical risks, which requires following basic safety requirements and basic knowledge of OSHA
- Work is performed with exposure to all types of weather and temperatures
- Moderate to heavy physical activity which requires handling of objects up to 50 pounds
- Moderate exposure to unusual elements such as dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises, which may vary based on location
- Equipment used daily includes a large variety of vehicles, safety belts, 2-way radio or cellular phone, phone system, computer equipment, printer, fax, and copier equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience within the last 6 years. Relevant work experience defined as:
- hands on general building maintenance experience required
- Experience in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of building mechanical systems, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Phone and Data Cable installation a plus (with a higher pay rate)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license for a minimum of 1 year
Must have satisfactory background check inclusive of driving (no more than 2 moving violations and/or at fault accidents in the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the last 3 years) criminal, employment reference, education, and social security. A conviction will not necessarily disqualify you for employment. Rather, such factors as age and date of conviction, seriousness and nature of the crime, and rehabilitation will be considered.
- In accordance with Washington, DC law, applicants will not be asked about their criminal record, and no criminal background checks will be conducted, unless and until a contingent offer of employment has been extended.
- In accordance with Prince Georges County, MD and Montgomery County, MD law, applicants will not be asked about their criminal record and no criminal background checks will be conducted until after a successful first interview has been conducted.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job (heavy lifting, vacuuming cars, bending down, moving quickly, and working outside) with or without reasonable accommodation.________