Full Time Automotive Technician Alexandria VA
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with Enterprise Holdings, operating the Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental brands - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. Exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
Enterprise Holdings has an exciting opportunity for an ASE Certified Automotive Technician. The Automotive Technician performs car service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and vehicle reconditioning service according to company policy and procedures. This position requires the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
The successful candidate will be required to work a full time flexible schedule to include weekends, nights, and some holidays depending on business demand. This position is located at our Service Center in Alexandria, VA. Our facility is state of the art and air conditioned. We do NOT pay on a flat rate and you are guaranteed 40 hours of work. We have an friendly team oriented environment. Excellent benefits package.
The current schedule we are hiring for is below:
Pay range is between 18.65 and 28.00+ based on ASE certifications, emissions and state inspectaions.
22301 22302 22303 22304 22305 22306 22307 22308 22309 22310 22311 22312 22314 22315 22331 22332
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturers specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Types of repairs will include brakes, on-board computer diagnostic and drivability, suspension and tires.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform reconditioning repairs on sales vehicles and deletes according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards.
- Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Perform related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma / G.E.D. and two years of automotive technical training at an accredited technical or trade school preferred, OR a minimum of three years of technical experience in an automotive repair shop servicing current model vehicles required
- 4+ current and valid ASE certifications required
- State Emissions and State Inspection license preferred
- Requires ownership of standard hand tools to perform repairs and maintenance on current vehicles (produced in the last 5 years)
- Must have experience using repair shop testing and service equipment
- A minimum of basic level experience and understanding of a PC and Microsoft Office Products required
- Must be able understand, read, write, and speak English
- Understanding of GM, Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler warranty procedures is a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must have a valid US driver's license for a minimum of 1 year
- Must have satisfactory background check inclusive of driving (no more than 2 moving violations and/or at fault accidents, and no drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the last 3 years) criminal, employment reference, education, and social security. A conviction will not necessarily disqualify you for employment. Rather, such factors as age and date of conviction, seriousness and nature of the crime, and rehabilitation will be considered.
- In accordance with Washington, DC law, applicants will not be asked about their criminal record, and no criminal background checks will be conducted, unless and until a contingent offer of employment has been extended.
- In accordance with Prince Georges County, MD and Montgomery County, MD law, applicants will not be asked about their criminal record and no criminal background checks will be conducted until after a successful first interview has been conducted.
- Must be able to work Full Time (40 hours per week) and accommodate a flexible schedule which includes weekends, nights, and some holidays (depending on business demand)