Automotive Apprentice Technician - ASE Certified Mechanic - Austin Airport
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multi-billion dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Automotive Technician. The Apprentice Automotive Technician will spend up to 6 months working alongside Automotive Technicians to learn and gain experience diagnosing and repairing vehicles across several manufacturer lines until they have gained the necessary qualifications to become an Automotive Technician.
The successful candidate will be required to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, nights, and some holidays depending on business demand.
- This position is located at our Austin Airport Service Center located near the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (Zip Code: 78719)
- This position is Full-Time (40 hrs/week) at $19.50/hour.
- Apart from religious observations, must have open availability to work any 7 days of the week including days, afternoons, nights, weekends and some holidays depending on business demand.
- Paid time off
- Health Benefits
- Employee discounts
- 401k retirement plan
- Training and development
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Two years of automotive technical training at an accredited technical or trade school preferred, OR a minimum of three years of technical experience in an automotive repair shop servicing current model vehicles preferred
- High School Diploma / G.E.D.
- 2, or more, current and valid ASE certifications required
- Must have a current and valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI)
- A minimum of basic level experience and understanding of a PC and Microsoft Office Products required
- Must be able understand, read, write, and speak English
- Understanding of GM, Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler warranty procedures is a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be able to work Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Must be willing to accept a payrate of $19.50/hr