Seasonal Part Time Car Cleaner Bangor Airport
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions. Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
Our Bangor Airport branch has an opening for Seasonal Part-Time Car Cleaners, also referred to as Service Agents. The Service Agent prepares and services vehicles prior to rental including: refueling, cleaning and washing, checking fluids and pressure levels of all vehicles. The Service Agent also performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This is a seasonal part- time position with a pay rate of $13.00/hour. The maximum length of employment for this seasonal position is 150 days within the seasonal window of May 1st - October 31st, 2019. The selected candidate must be able to work one of the following schedules:
Schedule #1: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from Noon-9pm
Schedule #2: Friday from 10am-7pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 7am-4pm
Schedule #3: Sunday, Monday, and Saturday from Noon-9pm
Schedule #4: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6am-3pm
A 1 hour lunch break will be given each day.
The Service Agent is responsible for the care and maintenance of the cars on the lot. This includes vacuuming and prepping the cars, shuttling cars to and from car washes and dealerships for servicing, car transports to and from offices, checking fluid levels, and changing tires.
- Clean vehicle exterior by hand, brush or by operating washing equipment
- Polish, dry and clean vehicle windshields, windows, lights, mats and exterior body, by hand
- Vacuum, shampoo, add air freshener and clean vehicle interior (some stain removal may be required)
- Determine need for and add windshield fluid, gas, oil, water and antifreeze
- Perform basic maintenance check: antenna, under the hood, inside the vehicle, inside the trunk, and outside vehicle
- Verify appropriate stickers are attached to vehicle (registration, plates, etc.)
- May be responsible for maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies
- May assist with local automobile deliveries
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a current and valid US driver's license with no more than 1 moving violation and/or at-fault accident on driving record within the past 3 years
- Must have no drug or alcohol related convictions on record within the past 5 years
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors in the elements with long periods of standing, kneeling, and bending
- Must be willing and able to tolerate light physical effort including the handling of average-weight objects (up to 25 pounds)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position, now or in the future
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work one of the following schedules
- Schedule #1: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from Noon-9pm
- Schedule #2: Friday from 10am-7pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 7am-4pm
- Schedule #3: Sunday, Monday, and Saturday from Noon-9pm
- Schedule #4: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6am-3pm
- Applicant must be wilign to accept this position as seasonal only with a maximum length of employment of 150 days within the seasonal window of May 1st - October 31st, 2019