Customer Assistant Representative Summer Season
The Customer Assistance Representative Sr (CAR) will provide a high level of customer service by assisting both internal and external customers, primarily face-to-face, supporting their branch and rental needs. The CAR will gain knowledge through local training and hands-on experience to provide administrative support, service customers, and act as a rental back-up in a non airport branch location.
Seasonal employment will end on or before September 30th 2019
Note: Our season begins May 1, 2019
This position will be located at 1246 Us Rt 302-berlin Unit 1, Barre, VT 05641
This position offers a target pay rate of $12.00 per hour
- Greet all customers using prescribed, appropriate dialogue as they arrive on the lot.
- Remind customer to check for personal belongings. Identify any items found in the vehicle with a unit number, date, time and turn into lost and found.
- Advise and review rental charges; and provide an accurate receipt to the customer.
- Provide information in a professional and courteous manner regarding transportation to the airport terminal. Thank customers using the prescribed dialogue.
- Inquire about service, satisfaction and document dissatisfaction.
- Discreetly check vehicle for damage on incoming vehicles and direct customer to counter for completion of damage/loss report.
- Use of proper statement to determine if vehicle is being returned with full tank of gas.
- Complete a service alert for any mechanical and or body damage communicated by the customers.
- Identify vehicles, which are on system hold for turnback, time or mileage, recall, or any other special lock and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
- Identify and tag vehicles that have been flagged for grounding or preventative maintenance and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
- Keep lot organized for ease of access and traffic flow.
- Understand the CDW/Emerald Aisle/Choice process; knowledge of the rental/return documents, fuel services, days/extra hours/surcharges and optional coverages.
- Understand the damage loss report reporting procedure.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have two years college experience OR at least two years of customer service experience
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle is an essential function of this position. Applicants must have a valid, unrestricted driver's license.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be living within a reasonable commute of no more than 1 hour to the location(s) listed above within 30 days of anticipated start date
- Aside from religious observation, must be available to work a maximum of 40 hours / week within our operating hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 6:00pm, Saturday - Sunday 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Must be willing to accept a seasonal position (seasonal is from May 1st 2019 to Sept 30th 2019)