job details at a glance
Primary LocationBowie, MD - US
Educational RequirementsBachelor's Degree
RequirementsValid Drivers License
Your raw talent
We'll shape it into something special
They say great leaders aren't born, they're made. At Enterprise, we believe that's true. And when you join us as a Management Trainee, you'll get the support you need to become one of our future leaders. We'll give you real responsibility from your first day, empowering you to get valuable, real-world experience. From customer service and finance, to operations and sales, you'll learn everything it takes to manage a successful, multimillion-dollar organization. But that's not all. With an open door policy and a promote-from-within culture, you'll get incredible opportunities to grow and take on new roles.
What does your management training look like?
The majority of your training will occur on-the-job. You will work with your manager to stay on track of your learning objectives and goals.
As a Management Trainee, some of your training will take place in a classroom setting with subject matter experts.
The Enterprise Formal Mentor Program assists mentees in their professional and personal development by focusing on company culture, diversity, leadership, interpersonal skills and work/life balance. Employees are also encouraged to create informal mentoring relationships within the organization.
Our Management Trainee position
Here's what you need to know
Sales Management Trainee
If you’re looking to start your career with a company that grows their managers and leaders from within the organization, then the Enterprise Management Training Program is for you. Whether you see yourself in sales, business development, customer service or operations, this program will prepare you to create your ideal career. As a Management Trainee, you can count on a defined career trajectory with a clear beginning and an open end — meaning you can take your training and shape your future. And with our promote-from-within philosophy, you will have plenty of opportunities to advance without ever having to change companies.
This role would be located at one of our offices within the Laurel, College Park, Beltsville, Bowie, New Carrollton, Lanham, Greenbelt, and Cheverly areas (surrounding the 20717 zip code).
This position offers targeted annual compensation of $50,000 with ability to make more based on performance.
As a Management Trainee, you’ll start learning our business from day one while based out of one of our neighborhood branches. You will be entrusted to serve as both the face of Enterprise to customers and partners and the behind-the-scenes operational expert. In our structured program, you will master the knowledge and skills you need to eventually run your own branch, cultivate new business and develop your team.
In our hands-on learning environment, you will receive the guidance, mentoring, and support you need to be successful. You will also get out into the community and establish the relationships essential to building your own business.
We’ll teach you how to excel at customer service, sales and marketing, finance, and operations. And you’ll learn what it means to always put our customers first. Ours is a culture of friendly competition, which is critical to growing our business — and your success.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in the last 6 years in any of the following:
- Sales - commission sales strongly preferred or with set goals and/or bonus potential
- Customer Service in a service industry (i.e. retail, restaurant, hospitality, call center)
- Management in a service or sales industry, or within the military
- Leadership role in civic or service group, non-profit organization or association, campus or other club (i.e., Rotary, Kiwanis, Junior League, VFW, Chamber of Commerce, student service organization, college clubs)
- Participation as an athlete on a professional, semi-professional or college team athlete
- Must have a valid US driver's license for a minimum of 1 year
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must have satisfactory background check inclusive of driving (no more than 2 moving violations and/or at fault accidents in the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the last 5 years) criminal, employment reference, education, and social security. A conviction will not necessarily disqualify you for employment. Rather, such factors as age and date of conviction, seriousness and nature of the crime, and rehabilitation will be considered.
- In accordance with Washington, DC law, applicants will not be asked about their criminal record, and no criminal background checks will be conducted, unless and until a contingent offer of employment has been extended.
- In accordance with Prince Georges County, MD and Montgomery County, MD law, applicants will not be asked about their criminal record and no criminal background checks will be conducted until after a successful first interview has been conducted.
Let's get it moving in the right direction
Want jet fuel for your career? As a Management Trainee, that's what you'll get. Not only will you have real responsibility from your first day - you'll be expected to own results. Sound a little scary? It's not. We'll be right there with you, helping you to experience, explore and thrive. And with support and training, and a promote-from-within culture, you'll get the chance to explore many career paths - all at one company. You just need to get moving in the right direction.
Click through to see where your Management Trainee career could take you.
1 Management Trainee
2 Management Assistant
3 Assistant Manager
4 Branch Manager
5 Area Manager
6 Group Rental Manager
7 Regional Vice President
8 Vice President/General Manager
“Great place to work, quick promotions and growth from within the company…” Current Employee
What you'll need to bring to the table
- Customer Service/Empathy
- Leadership Ability
- Effective Communicator
- Sales/Persuasive Ability
- Work Ethic
Working for a great company has its rewards
Health and Wellfare Benefits
Paid Time Off
Additional Benefits and Rewards