Part Time Driver - Truck Division
Are you looking for a steady part-time opportunity with a reliable and well-known company?
Do you want a schedule that stays consistent from week to week so that you can have better work/home life balance?
Are you seeking a fun and friendly work environment where management actually listens to and cares about their employees?
The Enterprise Commercial Truck Division has an immediate opening for a part time truck driver at our Commerce City location. Our Commercial Truck Division provides transportation solutions within the commercial truck industry, renting business to business. The Driver delivers a diverse fleet of Medium- Duty trucks and in some instances, customers, employees or vendors safely and timely to the appropriate destination(s) while giving helpful, courteous and professional service.
This position is a true part time opportunity for 20 - 25 hours/week.
This position does NOT have the opportunity for overtime.
25 HOURS MAXIMUM PER WEEK.
Compensation is $12.00/hour
5375 Newport St
Commerce City, 80022
Monday: 7:00am-3:00pm, Tuesday: 7:00am-2:00pm, Wednesday: OFF, Thursday: 7:00am-3:00pm, Friday: 7:00am-3:00pm, Saturday: OFF
The Part Time Truck Driver is responsible for the transporting of fleet trucks and vans to and from rental locations, as well as navigating written directions.
- Drive and deliver vehicles locally or out of area as needed, following all rules of the road
- Deliver customers and vehicles to appropriate destination in a safe and courteous manner
- Ride with or follow another driver to drop off vehicle(s) or pick up multiple vehicles
- Organize travel route and ensure vehicle paperwork is accurate and timely
- May need to communicate via 2-way radio or cellular phone
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Notify manager of any potential unsafe equipment, conditions and vehicle problems
- Perform basic maintenance such as tire pressure, check fluids, replace marker lights, the lift gate, etc.
- Keep work area, tools, and equipment organized and in clean and working condition
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance
WORKING CONDITIONS/EQUIPMENT USED:
- Moderate physical activity- requires handling of average-weight objects (up to 25 pounds) or standing and/or walking of more than 4 hours per day
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements such as temperature, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises
- Exposure to constant hot, cold, wet, humid or windy conditions caused by weather
- Contact with water or other liquids; or exposure to non-weather related humid conditions
- Work environment involves exposure to physical risks such as operating dangerous equipment (near moving mechanical parts), operating vehicles or working with or near toxic and caustic (corrosive) chemicals
- Equipment used- a large variety of ERAC vehicles (may include a 15 passenger van or Box Truck), safety belts, 2 way radio or cellular phone, phone system, computer equipment, printer, fax, safe, car jack, Slim Jim/wedge, jump box, vacuum, water hose, cleaning and polishing solutions, towel/rag, brush, stain remover, air freshener, power washer and dryer where available, bolt cutters, air compressor, tire gauge, tread depth tool.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a current and valid drivers license with no more than two moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol related convictions (ie., DUI/DWI) on driving record in the past 5 years
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- DOT Requirements: We are subject to certain Department of Transportation Regulations:
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and be qualified to drive under D.O.T regulations. Applicants will be required to submit to and successfully complete a D.O.T. medical examination to become DOT Certified.