Summer 2023 Seasonal Customer Assistance Representative | Burlington
The Customer Assistance Representative Sr (CAR) will provide a high level of customer service by assisting both internal and external customers, primarily face-to-face, supporting their branch and rental needs. The CAR will gain knowledge through local training and hands-on experience to provide administrative support, service customers, and act as a rental back-up in a non airport branch location.
This is a seasonal position that will start as early as May 22, 2023, ending on or before October 19, 2023.
Compensation for this role is $17 / hour
The position is located at one of our Burlington locations. Our flagship office is located at 1891 Williston Road, Burlington, VT 05403.
This is an ideal position and schedule for anyone who loves working with customers or an opportunity to gain real work experience while attending school.
- Greet all customers using prescribed, appropriate dialogue as they arrive on the lot.
- Remind customer to check for personal belongings. Identify any items found in the vehicle with a unit number, date, time and turn into lost and found.
- Advise and review rental charges; and provide an accurate receipt to the customer.
- Provide information in a professional and courteous manner regarding transportation to the airport terminal. Thank customers using the prescribed dialogue.
- Inquire about service, satisfaction and document dissatisfaction.
- Discreetly check vehicle for damage on incoming vehicles and direct customer to counter for completion of damage/loss report.
- Use of proper statement to determine if vehicle is being returned with full tank of gas.
- Complete a service alert for any mechanical and or body damage communicated by the customers.
- Identify vehicles, which are on system hold for turnback, time or mileage, recall, or any other special lock and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
- Identify and tag vehicles that have been flagged for grounding or preventative maintenance and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
- Keep lot organized for ease of access and traffic flow.
- Understand the CDW/Emerald Aisle/Choice process; knowledge of the rental/return documents, fuel services, days/extra hours/surcharges and optional coverages.
- Understand the damage loss report reporting procedure.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have two years college experience OR at least two years of customer service experience
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle is an essential function of this position. Applicants must have a valid, unrestricted driver's license.
- Must be living within a reasonable commute of no more than 1 hour to the location(s) you are applying to within 30 days of anticipated start date.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Aside from religious observations, must be available to work an average of 40 hours per week, including Saturday and Sunday