Automotive Technician Midway Airport
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National, Alamo and Enterprise Rent -A-Car teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National, Alamo and Enterprise Rent-A-Car at Midway Airport has an exciting opportunity for an ASE Certified Automotive Technician. The Automotive Technician performs car service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and vehicle reconditioning service according to company policy and procedures. This position requires the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards. This is a full-time postition working 40 hours per week at $26/hour!
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts
- Retirement savings plan including 401k and employer match
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Training and development
The successful candidate will be required to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, nights, and holidays depending on business demand.
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturer's specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Types of repairs will include brakes, onboard computer diagnostic and drivability, suspension and tires.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform reconditioning repairs on sales vehicles and deletes according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards.
- Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Perform related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma / G.E.D.
- Must be able understand, read, write, and speak English.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must have a current and valid driver's license.
- Must possess 4 current and valid ASE certifications OR 3 ASE certifications with ACR134A - Air Conditioning Recycling certification AND a minimum of two years of automotive technician experience in an automotive repair shop servicing current model vehicles required. Candidate should possess mechanical shop experience above and beyond lube & tire technician.
- Requires ownership of standard hand tools to perform repairs and maintenance on current vehicles (produced in the last 5 years).
- Must have experience using repair shop testing and service equipment.
- A minimum of basic level experience and understanding of a PC and Microsoft Office Products required.
- Understanding of GM, Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler warranty procedures is a plus.
- GM tech line experience preferred with all GM certification and training.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug test.