Our fleet is always on the move. Whether you’re providing safe, well-maintained vehicles or driving them, our Automotive & Transportation team’s focus is to ensure that our customers are taken care of. They do it all. Perform preventative maintenance. Clean and detail vehicles. Transport them from branch to branch. And drive customers from airport terminals to our lots – serving as the face of our brands. Our goal is to get the work done right and return vehicles to daily rental operations.
CDL Overnight Passenger Bus Driver - O'Hare Airport - $1000 signing bonus plus incentive payJob ID 232012
Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental at O'Hare Airport has an exciting opening for a Full-Time Seasonal CDL Bus Driver working 40 hours per week with a pay rate of $13.00 an hour plus a $0.25 per hour shift differential for all hours worked between 6:00 pm and 4:59 am. You will also have the opportunity to earn a signing bonus of $1,000 and monthly customer service bonuses. A Full Time CDL Bus Driver in good standing can earn up to $17 per hour.
This is a long term temporary position ending fall 2018.
The CDL Bus Driver provides superior, friendly, efficient service during the rental car process, transporting customers to and from the rental facility in a safe and timely manner.
- Lucrative Incentive/Bonus Pay Structure Plus Hourly
- Hands-On Training
We are subject to certain Department of Transportation Requirements:
- Requires a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Passenger and Air Brake Endorsements.
- Candidate will be required to submit to and successfully complete a D.O.T. medical examination and pre-employment drug test.
- May drive a maximum of 10 hours after 8 consecutive hours off duty.
- You may not work more than 70 hours in 8 consecutive days.
- Provide customer service including greeting, arrival statement; identify level of service, determining airline drop-off, giving direction to exit and thanking customers.
- Provide safe, clean and comfortable transportation.
- Ensure that the bus is mechanically sound and that all required preventive and scheduled maintenance has been performed.
- Obey traffic regulations, use defensive driving skills and drive with seatbelts fastened.
- Assist passengers on and off the bus and help with luggage as needed.
- Operate radio in a professional manner using ten codes to keep base and other buses informed of traffic and location status.
- Inspect bus for damage and ensure that all equipment is in working order. Inform manager of any maintenance and or safety hazards.
- Follow route and bus spacing as required by location busing standards.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 1 year bus driving experience transporting passengers
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs to assist customers with luggage
- Illinois CDL Driver's License, Passenger, and Brake Endorsement
- No more than 1 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record in the past 3 years (ie., DUI/DWI)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be willing to work afternoon, evening, and weekend shifts.