Seasonal Customer Service Return Agent - O'Hare Airport
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a Seasonal Customer Service Return Agent. This person will help facilitate the rental process by verification and documentation of all necessary driver information to provide for an efficient and timely rental and return experience. They will pleasantly handle and resolve customer questions, comments, and complaints while working face-to-face at the airport. This position is responsible for providing superior, friendly, efficient service during all aspects of the rental car process as well as assist all customers with the rental return process. The Customer Service Return Agent position will provide professional, knowledgeable, and courteous service while accurately completing all transactions.
This is a Full Time Seasonal position, all interested candidates must have a flexible work schedule and be able to work late evening, weekends, and holidays. Our season is from May 1 to September 26. The pay for this position is $14.50 per hour.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
- Greet all customers using prescribed, appropriate dialogue as they arrive on the lot.
- Remind customer to check for personal belongings. Identify any items found in the vehicle with a unit number, date, time and turn into lost and found.
- Advise and review rental charges; and provide an accurate receipt to the customer.
- Provide information in a professional and courteous manner regarding transportation to the airport terminal. Thank customers using the prescribed dialogue.
- Inquire about service, satisfaction and document dissatisfaction.
- Discreetly check vehicle for damage on incoming vehicles and direct customer to counter for completion of damage/loss report.
- Use of proper statement to determine if vehicle is being returned with full tank of gas.
- Complete a service alert for any mechanical and or body damage communicated by the customers.
- Identify vehicles, which are on system hold for turnback, time or mileage, recall, or any other special lock and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
- Identify and tag vehicles that have been flagged for grounding or preventative maintenance and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
- Keep lot organized for ease of access and traffic flow.
- Understand the CDW/Emerald Aisle/Choice process; knowledge of the rental/return documents, fuel services, days/extra hours/surcharges and optional coverages.
- Understand the damage loss report reporting procedure.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Minimum of 6 months customer service experience, 1 year preferred.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license with no more than 1 moving violation within the last 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record in the last 3 years.
- Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Must be able to work outdoors in the elements with long periods of standing.
- Must be authoirized to work in the U.S. and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position, now or in the future.
- Apart from religious observation, must be open to work afternoon, evening, and weekend shifts.