Sr. Customer Assistance Representative Downtown Chicago
Job ID 290273
The Customer Assistance Representative Sr (CAR Sr) will provide a high level of customer service by assisting both internal and external customers, primarily face-to-face, supporting their branch and rental needs. The CAR Sr will gain knowledge through local training and hands-on experience to provide administrative support, service customers, and act as a rental back-up in a large home city branch or airport location. This role is available as regular part time.
- Provide a high level of customer service by assisting customers and assessing their rental needs
- Assist customers with the return process
- Assist management with daily fleet needs
- Manage GPS/toll pass inventory
- Follow up with after-hours returns
- Assist with processing switch-outs, writing damage reports, etc.
- Assist counter staff with completion of rental contracts
- Understand and communicate rental terms and conditions, vehicle features and other services
- Responsible for notifying Management of any known vehicle problems and any required vehicle maintenance
- Perform miscellaneous administrative and job-related duties as assigned
- Management reserves the right to modify, change or delete duties assigned.
Skills and Competancies:
- Strong customer service skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of initiative, requiring little direct supervision
- Exercise sound judgement to make decisions
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
At a minimum, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. Some college courses preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience with basic computer skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years with no drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record in the last 3 years.
- Ability to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Ability to work outdoors in the elements with long periods of standing.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position, now or in the future.
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work the following schedule(s): half or full days
- Friday 7am-7pm, Saturday 7am-4pm, Sunday 8am-7pm
- Monday-Friday 7am-12pm or Monday-Friday 12pm-7pm