The Business Administrative Department at the Strongsville, OH, Administrative Office has an available opportunity for a full-time Accounting Clerk. This position will provide the opportunity to develop accounts payable/receivable skills, increase candidate’s knowledge of other departments as well as their knowledge of accounting software programs.
We are looking for a team player with a proven work ethic who can add value to the department in the form of superior customer service to the vendors we work with. Our department is successful in hiring and training employees for future growth in Business Management and we are committed to continuing this tradition.
The schedule for this position is daytime hours, Monday-Thursday from 7am-5:30pm (hours subject to change).
The starting pay for this position is $15.00/ hour.
- Processing invoices for payments timely
- Adherence to various payment terms and pricing
- Research and resolve any past due items
- Monthly vendor statement reconciliation
- Frequent communication with vendors
- Process payments via various payment methods
- Communicate and sign up vendors for paperless payment methods
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Validate payment requests for complete information
- Assist in special projects as requested
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Maintain flexibility with work schedule and work overtime as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School diploma or GED required, Associates Degree is a plus
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel (PeopleSoft experience a plus)
- Proficient ten-key
- Skill in the use of personal computers, database management and related software applications
- Must be able to work daytime hours, Monday – Thursday (7am-5:30pm, hours subject to change)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be willing to accept $15.00/ hour