Liability Claim RepresentativeJob ID 231744
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Looking for an exciting and challenging career that has great opportunity to learn and grow? It’s a great time to GO to liability claims.
ELCO Administrative Services is an in-house liability claims organization that handles claims resulting from our daily rental operations and employee accidents. The Liability Representative is assigned claims which are then investigated, evaluated, and handled based on its merits. Daily contacts can include renters, claimants, attorneys, body shops, and regulatory authorities. This is an entry level adjuster position with a performance based career path that builds on claim variety and complexity. No two days are the same because every claim is different! We are looking for individuals who have the ability to make decisions and manage conflict, thrive under pressure and can effectively manage a large work load in order to meet deadlines. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to build a career in liability claims or risk management.
This position is full time (40 hours/week) and entails working primarly in an office setting. We offer a full benefit package with medical, dental and prescription coverage, a matching 401k, paid time off, company discounts, and a Monday through Friday schedule that allows for good work/life balance.
Are you ready to begin a fun, challenging career with an industry leader? Let’s GO!
- Gathering and evaluating coverage information, taking recorded statements, police reports, repair estimates and other related documents.
- Conducting electronic and telephone investigations along with assigning field appraisers to assist with investigations
- Evaluating property damage and bodily injury
- Determining coverage and liability
- Negotiating and settling liability claims
- Possible travel for vehicle inspections, depositions, trials and settlement conferences
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Must have obtained a Bachelor's degree or higher
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of work experience
- In lieu of work experience, will consider involvement in organizations/clubs, volunteer work/community service, athletics or military.
- Prior work experience in an office or administrative setting preferred
- Previous insurance or claims related experience a plus
- Must be able to work full-time
- Must have the ability to travel when necessary
- Must currently live in the Coconut Creek, FL metropolitan area
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Competency Based Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive group and vendor relations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and telephone protocol
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize a diverse workload and maintain timely follow up/responses
- Demonstrated negotiation aptitude
- Ability to deal with problems in a variety of circumstances
- Ability to manage conflict during difficult or emotional situations
- Ability to organize and present information, views and concepts in a concise and understandable format for a variety of audiences