The Business Management Department has an immediate opening for an Accounting Coordinator. The Accounting Coordinator will perform basic accounting functions in support of the Transaction Team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who is detail oriented and enjoys working in a fast paced, professional environment
This position is located at our Administrative Office in Columbia, SC.
- Support the Staff Accountants with some of their tasks such as prepare billings/meetings, schedule preparation, journal entries, review travel & entertainment reports and projects
- Prepare invoices for payment - obtain approval and add GL coding
- Process multi-currency ACH and wire payments
- Assist with fixed asset review
- Deposit checks
- Manage emails and requests that come through the department mailboxes
- Apply customer payments, researching unidentified payments, and deposit checks (replace just deposit checks)
- Researching unidentified payments – add to deposit checks
- Assist in special projects as requested
- Compile Business Management audit reporting to ensure proper procedures and ethical practices are being followed
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Answer branch inquiries
- Assist with Accounts Payable transactions as assigned
- Seek to improve job performance through self-assessment, skill development, training and goal setting.
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a HS Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Must have one year of accounting, administrative or similar relevant experience
- Accounting experience in a large corporation preferred
- Must have Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Working With a Team
- Customer Service