Automotive Technician--Columbus Airport
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multi-billion dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for an ASE Certified Automotive Technician. The Automotive Technician performs car and bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and vehicle reconditioning service according to company policy and procedures. This position requires the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
Schedule for this position will be Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
Pay will start out at $25/hr any additional ASE certification over the required 4 ASE certifications to start will gain an additional $1/hr per certification. The address of this location is 1680 Jetway Blvd. Columbus, Ohio 43219.
As you are considering a position with Enterprise Holdings, we invite you to learn more about our business. Today – and every day – the safety and wellbeing of employees, customers and the communities we serve is our top priority. For the latest on our COVID-19 response, and for more information on our Complete Clean Pledge, please click here.
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturers specifications and guidelines.
- Complete required manufacturer's training and perform warranty and recall repairs.
- Complete ADA installs as required upon completion of training.
- Maintain vehicle repair history by documenting a Repair Order to accurately reflect steps taken and part(s) used during the repair.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Comply with part and inventory tracking procedures.
- Utilize multiple manufacturers’ websites, software and diagnostic tools.
- May process new fleet, LOFR, tires, fuel reclamation or buy-backs.
- Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Requires ability to perform manual labor, such as, bending, kneeling, crouching, lifting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time
- Moderate physical activity which requires handling of objects up to 50 pounds with long periods of standing and walking
- Perform related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Two years of mechanical experience in an automotive repair shop servicing current model vehicles required.
- High School Diploma / G.E.D. preferred.
- Degree in Automotive Technology, Completion of Automotive Technical College or Technical vocational training preferred.
- 4+ current and valid ASE certifications required
- Must have a current and valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
- A minimum of basic level experience and understanding of a PC and Microsoft Office Products required.
- Must be able understand, read, write, and speak English.
- Understanding of GM, Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler warranty procedures is a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.