The Enterprise Truck Rental Division has an immediate opening for a Part Time DOT Driver position. Our Truck Rental Division provides transportation solutions within the truck rental industry. Our goal is to provide high service levels and clean, well-maintained trucks. The DOT Driver will be responsible for delivering trucks safely and timely to the appropriate destination(s).
This is a Part Time position, which requires a commitment of up to 25 hours per week, based on the schedule provided below.
This position will be based out of our Plymouth Meeting Truck Rental Branch (1437 E Ridge Pike, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462).
- Deliver vehicles to appropriate destination in a safe manner
- Operate the truck in accordance with all laws and DOT regulations while following company policy to ensure a safe and pleasant operating environment
- Notify Manager of any customer or vehicle problems including daily maintenance, including but not limited to ensuring proper oil, tire and fluid levels
- Communicate with office and other drivers via 2-way radio or cellular phone
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a valid, unrestricted drivers license.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of previous work experience.
- Must be willing to accept starting pay of $11.00/Hour.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must have satisfactory background check inclusive of driving (no more than 2 moving violations and/or at fault accidents in the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the last 3 years) criminal, employment reference, education and social security. A conviction will not necessarily disqualify you for employment. Rather, such factors as age and date of conviction, seriousness and nature of the crime, and rehabilitation will be considered. Applicants will not be asked about their criminal record and no criminal background checks will be conducted unless and until a conditional offer of employment has been extended.
- Must be living within a reasonable commute of no more than 30 minutes to the location listed above within 30 days of anticipated start date.
- Must not hold any other type employment.
- Apart from religious observations, must be able to work one of the following schedule:
- Monday 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Tuesday 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Thursday 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Friday 8:00am to 3:00pm
We are subject to certain Department of Transportation Regulations
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and be qualified to drive under D.O.T. regulations. Applicants will be required to submit an appropriate medical examiner's certificate, or submit to and successfully complete a D.O.T. medical examination.