Full Time Vehicle Delivery Technician (NY Inspector) - Linden, NJ
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is the largest and fastest growing privately owned automotive rental and leasing company in the U.S. With over 10,000 branch offices worldwide, Enterprise ranks #1 in the Insurance Replacement Market with yearly revenues of over $26 billion.
The Vehicle Delivery Technician performs light maintenance on vehicles, completes pre-delivery inspections and conducts the in-fleeting process according to procedures. This position is of routine difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative.
Compensation for this position is $21.50/hour
We are hiring now for immediate openings. Responsibilities include:
- Clean and sanitize vehicle interior per Complete Clean Pledge standards
- Vacuum and prepare vehicle interior per Complete Clean Pledge standards
- Wash, clean and dry the vehicle's exterior - this might include cars of different sizes, as well as vans and trucks.
- Check fuel level and warning lights: inspect windshield for damage; factory reset/restore vehicle setting to clear prior customer data; check for customer items and place anything of value in Lost & Found; verify that registration is present, current and matches the license plate.
- Check fluid levels and add as needed; check tire condition, pressure and tread depth; inspect vehicle exterior for damage
- Fuel and stage vehicle
- Inspect vehicle for any safety concerns; report any warning lights and/or vehicle/windshield/tire damage; pull vehicle out of the prep processing as necessary
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and report any unsafe or hazardous conditions
- Responsible for wearing proper personal protection equipment (PPE) and ensuring cleaning, detailing, washing and sanitization supplies are available
- Assists customers when needed. May transport customers to and from the branches
- Helps maintain overall site appearance including general cleaning of interior and exteriors of branch locations
- Site appearance responsibilities to include: desktops, countertops, phones, floors, trash, bathrooms, vacuuming, sweeping the lot and any other miscellaneous tasks related to the daily cleanliness of the branch location
- Seek to improve job performance through self-assessment, skill development, training and goal setting
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a NY State Inspector license
- Must be at least 18 years old
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle is an essential function of this position. Applicants must have a valid, unrestricted, NJ driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be willing to accept starting compensation of $21.50/hour
- Must be living within a reasonable commute of no more than 1 hour to this location within 30 days of anticipated start date
- Must be able to understand, read, write and speak English
- Basic mechanical experience required to perform light maintenance activities
New Jersey DMV Requirements:
First-time drivers or under 21 years old:
If you are a first-time driver or under age 21, you must complete the mandatory Graduated Driver License (GDL) program requirements. New Jersey’s GDL program introduces driving privileges gradually to first-time drivers and individuals under the age of 21.