Our fleet is always on the move. Whether you’re providing safe, well-maintained vehicles or driving them, our Automotive & Transportation team’s focus is to ensure that our customers are taken care of. They do it all. Perform preventative maintenance. Clean and detail vehicles. Transport them from branch to branch. And drive customers from airport terminals to our lots – serving as the face of our brands. Our goal is to get the work done right and return vehicles to daily rental operations.
ASE Diesel Certified Technician - MechanicJob ID 218705
National, Alamo and Enterprise have an exciting opportunity for an ASE Diesel Certified Technician - Mechanic (Diesel Tech + CDL).
The Diesel Automotive Technician - Mechanic performs bus service, repair, in-fleeting service and buy back/turn back service according to company policy and procedures. This position requires the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards and perform timely inspections on light and medium duty vehicles to comply with DOT specifications.
This position is Full Time, 40 hour work week.
This position will pay $24.00/hour + additional hourly pay with ASEs above minimum requirements.
In addition, we will pay for any ASEs awarded after the required 4 to allow for Internal Promotions!
Our employees also enjoy a competitive benefits program (medical, dental, and vision benefits, PTO, etc.), an employee wellness program, 401K and profit-sharing, participation in a national discount program with numerous preferred partners, and employee-discounted rental cars for you and your family!
Sun.-Tues. 3pm-11:30pm & Fri.-Sat. 3pm-11:30pm (Wed. & Thurs. OFF)
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturer's specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform buy back/turn back servicing according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards.
- Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Perform timely inspections on light and medium duty vehicles to comply with DOT specifications
- Perform related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Must have one year of truck operation and maintenance technical training at an accredited technical or trade school, OR a minimum of one year of technical experience in an automotive repair shop servicing current model vehicles, OR a combination of both required
- 4+ Truck (T or H) ASE certifications required
Must have a current and valid commercial driver's license (CDL) with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI)
Requires ownership of standard hand tools to perform basic maintenance and repair responsibilities
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future