Full Time Automotive Technician Des Moines Airport - ASE Certified
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with Enterprise Holdings at the Des Moines Airport - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
Enterprise Holdings (operating the Enterprise, National, and Alamo rental car brands) has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time ASE Certified Automotive Technician. The Automotive Technician performs car repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and vehicle reconditioning service according to company policy and procedures. This position requires the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. They perform all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
The successful candidate will be required to work a flexible, 40-hour/week schedule of 8:00AM to 5:00PM Monday through Friday. Some weekends and later shifts may be required as necessary for business needs.
Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00am-5:00pm)
Starting Pay Ranges from $21/hr to $28/hr based on previous experience and current certifications.
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturers specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Types of repairs will include brakes, onboard computer diagnostic, suspension and tires.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform reconditioning repairs on sales vehicles and deletes according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards.
- Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Perform related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma / G.E.D. and two years of automotive technical training at an accredited technical or trade school preferred, OR a minimum of three years of technical experience in an automotive repair shop servicing current model vehicles required
- 4(+) current and valid ASE certifications with in 6-12 months.
- Must have State Emissions and State Inspection license
- Must have a current and valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI)
- Requires ownership of standard hand tools to perform repairs and maintenance on current vehicles (produced in the last 5 years)
- Must have experience using repair shop testing and service equipment
- A minimum of basic level experience and understanding of a PC and Microsoft Office Products required
- Must be able understand, read, write, and speak English
- Understanding of GM, Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler warranty procedures is a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be able to work Full Time (40 hours per week) and accommodate a flexible schedule which includes weekends, nights, and some holidays (depending on business demand)
- Must be available Monday- Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Must be willing to accept $21.00 an hour for this position
- A pre-employment drug test is required for this position