Car Detailer- Full Time
National/Alamo Rent A Car is hiring for a full time Car Detailer. The Car Detailer positions prepares and services vehicles prior to rental, including: refueling, cleaning and washing, checking fluid levels and pressure levels of all vehicles. All responsibilities are performed with a focus on customer service and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
- Hourly rate of $10/hour with the opportunity to earn incentive based monthly bonuses
- Full Benefits Provided: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K
- Location- Detroit Metro Airport- 338 Lucas Drive. Detroit MI, 48242 (Romulus Area)
- Must have open availability, including mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
- Inspect vehicle to ensure safety equipment is in working order; lights, tires, brakes, wipers, horn, seat belts, mirrors and back-up lights.
- Clean all exterior and interior windows and mirrors and vacuum interior, floor, seats, ashtray and trunk.
- Place items found in vehicles in lost and found. Direct drivers to drop off locations as necessary.
- Drive the vehicle from drop off point to service area; drive vehicle through car wash and to ready line as necessary.
- Refuel the vehicle and log identification number with fuel needed and mileage.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and report any unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Complete the out-of-service tag and ensure the vehicle is moved to the maintenance area.
- Identify and pull the vehicles that are eligible for turnback, flagged for grounding or preventative maintenance and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a current and valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be available to work various shifts including, days, nights, weekends and holidays