Customer Service Representative
The Enterprise Truck Rental Division is excited to announce an opening for a Full-Time Customer Service Representative.
The Truck Rental Customer Service Representative (CSR) will provide a high level of customer service by assisting both internal and external customers, through face-to-face interaction. The CSR will gain knowledge through local training and hands-on experience to provide rental back-up, service customers and deliver administrative support.
This is a full time opportunity (40 hours per week). Candidates must be available to work between the hours of 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday and Saturday 9am-12pm. This position can be based out of our Truck Rental location in Romulus, MI 48174.
We are subject to certain Department of Transportation Regulations. Please note the following:
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and be qualified to drive under D.O.T. regulations.
- Applicants will be required to submit an appropriate medical examiner's certificate, or submit to and successfully complete a D.O.T. medical examination.
- DOT regulations require no moonlighting, meaning that if hired, employee cannot work another job or position.
- Customer Service
- Understand and communicate rental terms and conditions, vehicle features and other services
- May sell optional protection products, upgrades, fuel options and other additional equipment
- Incoming calls- reservations, rate quotes, general questions and answers, provide information and resolution for customers, other branches, insurance companies, dealerships, repair shops and other vendors
- Outgoing calls- callback management, account receivables, and miscellaneous calls as assigned
- Provide a high level of customer service by assisting customers and assessing their rental needs in person and over the phone
- Meet and greet customers in a friendly and timely manner
- Provide directions and general assistance
- Assist to assess condition of rental upon return
- Process returns and check-ins
- Effectively market the company while picking up customers up and/or dropping off customer in a safe and courteous manner and assisting customers as needed
- Notify Management of any known customer problems
- Customer Contact
- Fleet Management and Maintenance
- Notify Management of any known vehicle problems and any required vehicle maintenance
- Clean vehicle interior and exterior by hand or by operating washing equipment when needed
- Provide clerical support for Truck Rental including, but not limited to, filing, mail distribution, data entry, and basic business correspondence
- Assist in ensuring proper retention of reports and departmental paperwork
- Answer phones as needed and assist customers and accounts with questions and concerns
- Perform rewrites, renewals, and other routine contract maintenance for department
- Assist in the collection of accounts receivables and coordinating billing applications
- Provides general administrative support to Truck Account Specialists, which can include the preparation/distribution of account packets/presentations, agreements, and reporting to Business Rental customers
- Perform routine assignments and projects (daily/weekly/monthly) as directed by the management of each department or division
- Continuously build knowledge and skills, pursue on the job training and development opportunities and any company sponsored classroom training
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous and backup duties job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 21 years old and be qualified to drive under DOT regulations (see below).
- Must be able to read and speak English
- Must have valid driver's license with no more than two moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past three years
- No drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the past five years
Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 6 months customer service experience
- Must be available to work between the hours of 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday and Saturday 9am-12pm /40 hours per week.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel products
We are subject to certain Department of Transportation Regulations
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and be qualified to drive under D.O.T. regulations. Applicants will be required to submit an appropriate medical examiner's certificate, or submit to and successfully complete a D.O.T. medical examination.