Diesel Maintenance Technician
The Diesel Bus/Truck Technician is a skilled position that requires the ability to perform bus and medium duty diesel truck mechanical and warranty repairs, as well as diagnose and troubleshoot drivability problems, according to company policy and procedures. This is a position of routine difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative.
This position is based out of the Detroit Metro Airport in Romulus, MI.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Performs assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with documenting parts usage, and accounting for labor times.
- Washes engines and transmission periodically
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Assists with service calls for breakdowns.
- Performs other maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be a current PM or A-Tech within GP20
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a meets requirements or higher on last performance review
- No Current disciplinary action, including driving probation.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review
- Must have a valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI)