Full Time Maintenance Technician (Metro Detroit)
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Technician performs car and bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and buy back/turn back service according to company policy and procedures. This is a position of routine difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
- Perform preventative maintenance – oil changes and tire rotations – at manufacturer’s specified intervals
- Replace or repair tires as needed, per company standards
- Perform standard safety inspection of vehicles
- Perform minor corrective maintenance, such as bulbs, fuses, wipers, etc
- Perform minor diagnosis of dashboard indicators; repair or refer as needed
- Document repairs completed via computer data entry
- Comply with uniform requirements
- Maintain safe and clean work area.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have a valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be able to understand, read, write, and speak English
- Basic knowledge or experience of job responsibilities
- A minimum of basic level experience and understanding of a PC and Microsoft Office Products required
- Must have a least 1 year of experience handling automotive mechanical service procedures
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work: 40 Hrs/Wk and have open availability to work varying shifts (days, nights, weekends, and/or holidays)