Part Time Bus Driver
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a CDL 16+ Bus Driver. The Bus Driver provides superior, friendly, efficient service during the rental car process, transporting customers to and from the rental facility in a safe and timely manner. Establishes and maintains clear communications with other bus operators and management team to ensure a consistent, superior level of customer service. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
- Provide customer service including greeting, determining airline drop-off, giving direction to exit and thanking customers.
- Provide safe, clean and comfortable transportation.
- Ensure that the bus is mechanically sound and that all required preventive and scheduled maintenance has been performed.
- Obey traffic regulations, use defensive driving skills and drive with seatbelts fastened.
- Assist passengers on and off the bus and help with luggage as needed.
- Operate radio in a professional manner using ten codes to keep base and other buses informed of traffic and location status.
- Inspect bus for damage and ensure that all equipment is in working order. Inform manager of any maintenance and or safety hazards.
- Follow route and bus spacing as required by location busing standards.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
This position requires a commercial drivers license (CDL) and is subject to DOT requirements including a pre-employment drug test and physical.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Must be able to read speak English
- Minimum of 6 months bus driving experience with a CDL transporting passengers
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs to assist customers with luggage
- Must have a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Passenger and Brake Endorsement
- No more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record in the past 5 years (ie., DUI/DWI)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment DOT physical exam & drug test to obtain a Medical Card as required by the USDOT
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work varying shifts including days, nights, weekends and holidays