Staff Accountant - Central NJ Regional Headquarters Neptune, NJ
Enterprise Rent-A-Car has an exciting opportunity for the position of Staff Accountant. We are a multi-billion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At Enterprise, National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
This position will be responsible for assisting with the management of our regular accounting functions and supporting the business activities of our local rental branches throughout Central New Jersey. Some of the most significant areas of responsibility include involvement in end-of-month financial statement preparation, review of accounts payable, completion of general ledger schedules, and analyzing financial / operational reports related to the business activities of our branches.
Our Business Management Department is committed to the training and development of our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunity in other areas of our business and our focus is to develop future Business Managers, Controllers, and VP's of Finance.
This position pays $50,000 per year hourly compensation based on a 42.5 hour work week. This position is located in Neptune NJ at the Administrative Office. The address is 4900 State Route 33 Suite 201 Neptune, NJ 07753.
Starting as a Staff Accountant, you will be exposed to basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement, preparation, and analysis.
- Prepare financial statements
- Perform branch evaluations
- Compile bank reconciliations and account schedules
- Execute accounts payables and receivables in a timely manner
- Train and develop employees on administrative concepts
- Establish effective communication lines with other departments
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must have at least an intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Must reside in a commutable distance (60 minutes) to job location in Neptune, NJ
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle is an essential function of this position. Applicants must have a valid unrestricted driver's license.
- Must be willing to consider relocation outside local area/state within a 1-3 year period to accept potential promotional opportunites.
- Must be willing to accept an annual salary of $50,000.
- Familiarity with debits and credits as well as some knowledge of macros, V-Lookups, and pivot tables
- Strong customer service orientation with experiences dealing with customers / clients (internal and / or external)
- Desire to prepare for and successfully pass the CPA or CMA Examination
- Drive to earn additional promotions in the future, such as Senior Accountant, Accounting Supervisor, Business Manager, Controller, etc.
- Flexibility to potentially move for management opportunities in the future
- Strong history of leadership, including, but not limited to: management or supervisory experience, training experience, leadership in college or university organizations or sports teams, military experience, etc.