Full-Time Pre-Delivery Inspector Linden NJ
The Northeastern NJ Enterprise team is looking to fill an opening for a Full Time Lead Driver/ Pre-Delivery Inspector.
This is a full time position, working 40 hours per week at the rate of $12.50/hour.
This position will provide the opportunity to work with our Vehicle Acquisition team at our lot in Linden, NJ 07036.
The Full Time Lead Driver / PDI Attendant works closely with Daily Rental, Remarketing, and Vehicle Acquisition to assist in managing the flow of the inventory lot to coordinate the movement and preparation of NCS vehicles. This person will work with our new car stock inventory and follow the pre set manufacturer requirements to make the car ready for rental. The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following skill set:
- Organizing people and systems
- Time management
- Problem solving under pressure
- Interpersonal skills including verbal communication, coordinating teams and working well with others
- Thorough knowledge of Group 24's geographic area
- General computer knowledge
As you are considering a position with Enterprise Holdings, we invite you to learn more about our business. Today – and every day – the safety and wellbeing of employees, customers and the communities we serve is our top priority. For the latest on our COVID-19 response, please click here.
- Coordinate movement of vehicles as follows:
- Daily Rental: branch to branch moves, cars to repair shops, delete runs, out of town trips, NCS delivery
- Remarketing: sold vehicles to dealers
- Vehicle Acquisition: picking up paperwork, checking in NCS, creating vehicle key tags (when necessary)
- Organize teams so that assigned runs to be as efficient as possible and completed as assigned
- Ensure all vehicles are accurately tracked and signed for
- Move vehicles to different areas of the lot or facility as needed and directed by management.
- Responsible for vehicle inventory (requires ability to work outside in various elements for extended periods of time)
- Organize lot in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain and organize keys as a security measure
- Act as the point of contact for the driver team on a daily basis
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned to include shuttling cars and gathering data from internal computer system
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
- Limited to light physical effort is required including the handling of average-weight objects (up to 10 pounds).
- Generally requires a great deal of standing for long periods of time, walking and bending.
- Requires the ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Requires some flexibility in working hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be willing to accept hourly compensation of $12.50 per hour
- Must be within a reasonable commute of no more than 1 hour to location
- Must be able to understand, read, write and speak English
- Apart from religious observations, must be available to work a maximum of 40 hours weekly Monday - Friday. Friday availability is required.
- Must be willing to drive out of state if required
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle is an essential function of this position. Applicants must have a valid unrestricted drivers license
- New Jersey DMV Requirements:
- If you are a first-time driver and under age 21, you must complete the mandatory Graduated Driver License (GDL) program requirements. New Jersey’s GDL program introduces driving privileges gradually to first-time drivers and individuals under the age of 21.