Vehicle Delivery Technician (NY Inspector) - Linden, NJ
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is the largest and fastest growing privately owned automotive rental and leasing company in the U.S. With over 7,000 branch offices worldwide, Enterprise ranks #1 in the Insurance Replacement Market with yearly revenues of over $10 billion.
The Vehicle Delivery Technician performs light maintenance on vehicles, completes pre-delivery inspections and conducts the in-fleeting process according to procedures. This position is of routine difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new vehicles according to company required procedures and utilizing the delivery checklist
- Inspect new vehicle deliveries from transporter for damages and/or missing parts and complete the delivery receipt as required by the manufacturer
- Perform light maintenance on vehicles in fleet
- Perform other related duties as required
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a NY State Inspector license
- Must be at least 18 years old
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle is an essential function of this position. Applicants must have a valid, unrestricted, NJ driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be willing to accept starting compensation of $17.50/hour
- Must be living within a reasonable commute of no more than 1 hour to this location within 30 days of anticipated start date
- Must be able to understand, read, write and speak English
- Basic mechanical experience required to perform light maintenance activities
New Jersey DMV Requirements:
First-time drivers or under 21 years old:
If you are a first-time driver or under age 21, you must complete the mandatory Graduated Driver License (GDL) program requirements. New Jersey’s GDL program introduces driving privileges gradually to first-time drivers and individuals under the age of 21.