Accounting Intern - Farmington Hills, MI
10 week summer internship where you will gain real-world business, accounting and financial training that will teach you all aspects of financial management pertaining to running a successful business.
Our program is the first step in preparing you to become a Business Manager of your own financial operation. A key partner in our organization, the Business Manager oversees all aspects of financial management and provides balance to the partnership formed with the marketing and operational pieces of our business.
As an Accounting Intern, you will be exposed to basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement, preparation, and analysis. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in preparing financial statement & analysis
- Work closely with rental branches and other departments
- Assist accounting managers with reports, etc.
- Involved with A/P & A/R functions; cash receipts & petty cash
- Assist in accounting schedules & filing
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a valid Driver license
- Must have no more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years
- Must have no drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the last 5 years
- Must be a current Junior going into their Senior Year with a major in Accounting or Finance (Anticipated Graduation date August 2019-May 2020)
- Must have basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must be flexible to relocate outside local area/state within a 1-3 year period after graduation to accept potential promotional opportunities
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future