Entry Level Staff Accountant - Farmington Hills
Enterprise Holdings is currently looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team in Farmington Hills, MI. The Administrative office oversees the accounting functions for the Michigan market of Enterprise Holdings, operating Alamo Rent a Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. We offer a full-cycle accounting experience (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Audit and Tax) for our employees and work hard to train them to be future business leaders. This is a career path position which would be ideal for an individual looking to grow and be promoted to management positions within the company.
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for financial statement preparation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, tax compliance, audit, among other duties and responsibilities. In addition to supporting the sales staff, you will work with all business units including: Operations, Risk Management, Human Resources, Vehicle Repair, and Real Estate Management. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to learn our business and accounting systems in preparation of reaching a Controller level position responsible for all financial aspects of a multi-million dollar operation.
Typical Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.), full-time position with possible overtime during peak seasons.
How fast you progress is up to you! As your understanding of our business grows and your ability to make solid business decisions develops, this position provides the opportunity for advancement within our Business Management career path.
Starting as a Staff Accountant, you will be exposed to basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement, preparation, and analysis.
At Enterprise, you will have the chance to run your own financial operation and provide balance to the marketing and operational pieces of our business. We offer a comprehensive development program where you will work closely with sales and marketing, human resources, procurement, and more to produce excellence in customer service, growth strategies, operating efficiencies, and profitability.
As your understanding of our business grows and your ability to make solid business decisions develops, you will soon take on a supervisory role within a business management team. How fast you progress is completely up to you. With our entrepreneurial philosophy, there is truly nothing holding you back.
- Basic accounting procedures and principles
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements
- Perform audit evaluations
- Complete bank reconciliation and account schedules
- Execute accounts payables and receivables in a timely manner
- Train and develop employees
- Establish effective communication lines with other departments and branches
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Partner with departments on cost containment and Group initiatives
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must have Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Must have a valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record (DUI/DWI) within the past 3 years.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must not require work authorization sponsorship from our company for an employment - based work permit or other work authorization document now or in the future.
Additional qualities that will be considered:
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Solid communication and leadership skills
- Strong work ethic, a "whatever it takes" attitude and a desire to have fun
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple projects.
- Possess the ability to be deadline driven and work well within a team environment