Accounting Intern - Fort Myers
Gain real-world business, accounting, and financial training that will teach you all aspects of financial management pertaining to running a successful business. Our Accounting Internship will introduce you to our Business Management Training program which fully prepares you to become a Controller of your own financial operation.
A key partner in our organization, the Controller oversees all aspects of financial management and provides balance to the partnership formed with the marketing and operational pieces of our business. You'll enjoy performance-based promotions and big earning potential as you climb the management ladder. Plus you'll work with fun people at a $22 billion industry leader that supports you every step of the way.
This position is located in Fort Myers, Florida
Starting as an Accounting Intern, you will be exposed to basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement, preparation, and analysis. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in preparing financial statement & analysis
- Work closely with rental branches and other departments
- Assist accounting managers with reports, etc.
- Involved with A/P & A/R functions; cash receipts & petty cash
- Assist in accounting schedules & filing
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be currently enrolled in a college/university in a Bachelors Degree program in Accounting with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be at least a Junior or Senior with no more than 2 years to graduation
- Experience in accounting, accounts payable/receivable or bookkeeping preferred
- Must have basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Must have a valid driver's license with no more than 1 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years
- No drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the past 5 years
- Must be able to work at least 20 hours to a maximum of 25 hours per week