Part Time Vehicle Delivery Technician- Fort Myers
Enterprise Rent-A-Car has an opening for a part time Vehicle Delivery Technician in our Fleet Department. The Vehicle Delivery Technician performs light maintenance on vehicles, completes pre-delivery inspections and conducts the in-fleeting process according to procedures. This position is of routine difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative.
There is driving associated with the position and will work out of our location at 16060 Chamberlin Pkwy, Fort Myers FL. This position pays $10.00/hour and will work 3 days a week 8am-6pm with a maximum of 25 hours per week. There will be occasions during busy times that this person will be required to available to work on a weekend dates.
This position will report to our lot located at:
16060 Chamberlin Pkwy
Fort Myers, FL 33913
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new vehicles according to company required procedures and utilizing the delivery checklist
- Inspect new vehicle deliveries from transporter for damages and/or missing parts and complete the delivery receipt as required by the manufacturer
- Perform light maintenance on vehicles in fleet
- Perform other related duties as required
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to operate an automobile and shop equipment in a safe manner
- Time management and organizational skills
- Comfortable working independently or in a team
WORKING CONDITIONS/EQUIPMENT USED:
• Work environment involves moderate exposure to hazards or physical risks, which requires following basic safety requirements, including road rules and facility regulations
• Work is performed outside in all types of weather and temperatures and in a typical office environment
• Requires ability to perform manual labor, such as, bending, kneeling, crouching, lifting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
• Moderate physical activity which requires handling of objects up to 25 pounds with long periods of standing and walking
• Moderate exposure to unusual elements such as temperature, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises, which may vary based on location
• Equipment used daily includes a large variety of vehicles (may include 15-passenger vans and airport buses, based on location), screwdriver, drill, safety belts, 2-way radio or cellular phone, phone system, computer equipment, printer, fax, printer, copier and safe equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have 6 months of prior work experience
- Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English
- Must have a valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years
- No drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the past 5 years
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work 3 days a week typically during the hours of 8am-6pm: Monday-Friday an some occassional weekend days scheduled during our busy season
- Must be willing to work outside in the elements a vast majority of the shifts in an uncovered parking lot in the sun and Florida heat (see physical demands and conditions).
- This position pays $10.00/hour