Our fleet is always on the move. Whether you’re providing safe, well-maintained vehicles or driving them, our Automotive & Transportation team’s focus is to ensure that our customers are taken care of. They do it all. Perform preventative maintenance. Clean and detail vehicles. Transport them from branch to branch. And drive customers from airport terminals to our lots – serving as the face of our brands. Our goal is to get the work done right and return vehicles to daily rental operations.
Automotive Technician - Full TimeJob ID 207669
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with Enterprise Holdings, operating the Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental brands - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. Exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
Enterprise Holdings has an exciting opportunity for an Automotive Technician. Automotive Technicians perform car repair, preventive maintenance, and in-fleeting service according to company policy and procedures. This position requires the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Perform all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This position is located at our Service Center in Grand Rapids, MI at the Gerald R. Ford International Airport. The successful candidate will work a schedule of Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
• Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturer's specifications and guidelines.
• Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
• Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according Company procedures as required.
• Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain Company standards (i.e., maintain Out-Of-Service at or below 2%).
• Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
• Perform related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma / G.E.D. required
- Minimum of 4 ASE Certifications required (A5 - Brakes, A6 - Electrical Systems, A7-Heating and Air Conditioning, A8 - Engine Performance)
- Have two years of automotive technical training at an accredited technical or trade school, or a minimum of two years of technical experience in an automotive repair shop servicing current model vehicles required
- Must have a current and valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI)
- Requires ownership of standard hand tools to perform repairs and basic maintenance responsibilities
- Understanding of all components and systems of current model vehicles in the fleet
- Must be able understand, read, write, and speak English
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work the following schedule:
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm