Exit Booth Agent
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multi-billion dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a full time Exit Booth Agent at BWI Airport. The Exit Booth Agent provides superior, friendly, efficient service during all aspects of the rental car assignment process; facilitates the rental process through verification and documentation of all necessary driver information and vehicle selection information for an efficient and timely rental and return experience. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
7438 NEW RIDGE RD
HANOVER, MD 21076
Thursday through Monday 3pm-11pm
Pay: $11.50/hour in addition to performance-related bonuses
There is a shift differential for overnight positions. Employees working between the hours of 10pm-7:30am will receive an additional $.20 for each hour worked proving they clocked in between 1:53pm and 7:29am and work 2 hours between 10pm-7:30am
- Prepare all rental documents accurately and completely.
- Verify car information and VIN number for security and car control.
- Provide additional service to Emerald Aisle members by offering our refueling option.
- Maintain the appearance of the Exit Booth and surrounding areas to present a neat and orderly image.
- Ensure that "Booth" is stocked with appropriate supplies to meet the needs of our customers.
- Provide all customers with undivided attention while assisting them at the exit booth.
- Make eye contact and greet all customers; thank customer at the conclusion of all transactions.
- Assist customers with directions, maps, local area information, and appropriate service information; effectively and efficiently resolve all customer service issues as necessary.
- Perform other customer service related duties, in addition to those listed, to ensure our service levels meets the needs of the customer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience handling customer service functions.
- Must have had a US driver's license for a minimum of one year.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must have satisfactory background check inclusive of driving(no more than 2 moving violations and/or at fault accidents in the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the last 5 years) criminal, employment reference, education and security. A conviction will not necessarily disqualify you for employment, rather, such factors as age and date of conviction, seriousness and nature of the crime, and rehabilitation will be considered. Applicants will not be asked about their criminal record and no criminal background checks will be conducted unless and until a conditional offer of employment has been extended.
- Must accept pay rate of $11.50 per hour.
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work the following shift/schedules (flexibility required)
Thursday through Monday 3pm-11pm