Shuttle Bus Driver (Part-Time)
The primary responsibility of this position is to safely operate a National Car Rental / Alamo Rent A Car shuttle bus between the airport and the rental facility, transporting customers picking up and returning vehicles in a courteous and helpful manner.
This is a PART-TIME position. Compensation includes an hourly wage of $12/hour plus tips, and the opportunity to earn a monthly bonus. The position also offers retirement, earned PTO and discounts.
- Deliver customers to appropriate destination in a safe and courteous manner
- Greet each customer personally in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Operate the courtesy shuttle in accordance with all laws and regulations while following company policy to ensure a safe and pleasant operating environment
- Assist customer(s) load and unload luggage, enter and exit vehicle and miscellaneous customer needs
- Notify Manager of any customer or vehicle problems including daily maintenance, including but not limited to ensuring proper oil, tire and fluid levels
- Provide appropriate local information, distribute maps and handouts as required
- Communicate with office and other drivers via 2-way radio or cellular phone
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to read and speak English
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- No more than two (2) moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years. No drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the past 5 years.
- Three (3) months experience driving a similar vehicle (large shuttle van or bus) required
- Must have 6 months of customer service experience.
- Requires ability to perform manual labor (i.e. bending, lifting, etc.)
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to assist customers.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment DOT physical exam to obtain a Medical Card as required by the USDOT.
Apart from religious observance must be able to work the following schedule:
Friday: 8:30 AM-6:00 PM, Saturday & Sunday 4:00 AM-1:00 PM