Our fleet is always on the move. Whether you’re providing safe, well-maintained vehicles or driving them, our Automotive & Transportation team’s focus is to ensure that our customers are taken care of. They do it all. Perform preventative maintenance. Clean and detail vehicles. Transport them from branch to branch. And drive customers from airport terminals to our lots – serving as the face of our brands. Our goal is to get the work done right and return vehicles to daily rental operations.
Non-CDL Bus Driver - Full Time - Honolulu Airport AlamoJob ID 249890
Alamo Rent A Car has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time DOT Non-CDL Bus Driver at the Honolulu Airport location at a new increased pay rate! The primary responsibility of this position is to safely operate an Alamo Rent A Car bus between the airport and the rental facility, transporting customers, picking up and returning vehicles in a courteous and helpful manner. They establish and maintain clear communications with other bus operators and the management team to ensure a consistent, superior level of customer service. The bus driver is the first and last person our customers see so we are looking for someone who has great Aloha spirit and teamwork. This person will perform all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This full time position will be scheduled 40 hours per week and requires open availability during all business hours: 5:30am-11:30pm including Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Provide customer service including greeting, arrival statement; identify level of service, determining airline drop-off, giving direction to exit and thanking customers
- Provide safe, clean and comfortable transportation
- Ensure that the bus is mechanically sound and that all required preventive and scheduled maintenance has been performed
- Obey traffic regulations, use defensive driving skills and drive with seat-belts fastened
- Assist passengers on and off the bus and help with luggage as needed
- Operate radio in a professional manner using ten codes to keep base and other buses informed of traffic and location status
- Inspect bus for damage and ensure that all equipment is in working order. Inform manager of any maintenance and or safety hazards
- Follow route and bus spacing as required by location busing standards
This position is subject to DOT requirements including a pre-employment drug test and physical.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must have completed education at a minimum of a high school diploma or GED or equivalent.
- 1 year prior customer service experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record (no more than 3 moving violations on driving record in the past 3 years and no DUI/DWI in the past 5 years).
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work 40 hours per week and be available during all business hours: 5:30am-11:30pm including Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50+ lbs to assist customers with luggage.
- Minimum of 1 year driving experience in a similar vehicle (large shuttle van or bus) preferred.