PartTime ASE Certified Diesel Bus and Truck Technician at the Honolulu Airport
The Honolulu Airport (96819) has an exciting opportunity for a Part Time ASE Certified Diesel Bus & Truck Technician at the Service Center!
The Automotive Technician performs car and bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and vehicle reconditioning service according to company policy and procedures. This position requires the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This full time position will be scheduled 10-39 hours per week and requires availability between the hours of 5am-9:30pm including weekends.
The starting pay for this position is $22.50 per hour with a Non-CDL license and $26.50 per hour with a CDL license, plus additional pay increases and incentives for ASE certifications. The position comes with excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and profit sharing. Free onsite parking is also available for employees!
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturers specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Types of repairs will include brakes, onboard computer diagnostic and drivability, suspension and tires.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform reconditioning repairs on sales vehicles and deletes according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards.
- Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment DOT physical exam and Drug test to obtain a Medical Card as required by the USDOT
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have two years of automotive technical training at an accredited technical or trade school required OR a minimum of three years of technical experience in an automotive repair shop servicing current model vehicles required.
- Must have at least 4+ current and valid ASE certifications (one must include H1-H8, E1-E3, T2-T6 and T8).
- Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A or B with Passenger and Air Brake Endorsements preferred (not required).
- Willing to obtain CDL License through training preferred.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record (no more than 3 moving violations on driving record in the past 3 years and no DUI/DWI in the past 5 years).
- Must have ownership of standard hand tools (produced in the last 5 years) to perform repairs and maintenance on current vehicles
- Must have experience using repair shop testing and service equipment.
- Must have a minimum of basic level experience and understanding of a PC and Microsoft Office Products.
- Must be able understand, read, write, and speak English.
- Understanding of GM, Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler warranty procedures is a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Aside from religious observance, must be able to work 10-39 hours per week (5am-9:30pm) including weekends.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment DOT physical and Drug test exam to obtain a Medical Card as required by the USDOT