Lot Attendant - IND Airport
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multi-billion dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
The Part Time Lot Attendant assists with the movement, organization and inventory of vehicles. This position is located at the National/Alammo branch at the Indianapolis International Airport.
This position pays $11.50 per hour and will work a maximum of 25 hours per week.
- Ensure new vehicles are installed timely to be available for rent which includes but not limited to attaching license plates, antennas, hubcaps, and other various items.
- Drive and deliver vehicles locally or out of area as needed, following all rules of the road Deliver customers and vehicles to appropriate destination in a safe and courteous manner
- Verify car information and VIN number for car control. Verify car information and VIN number for car control.
- Organize lot to accommodate space for incoming new vehicles.
- Deliver customers and vehicles to appropriate destination in a safe and courteous manner
- Ride with or follow another driver to drop off vehicle(s) or pick up multiple vehicles
- Notify Manager of any customer or vehicle problems including daily maintenance, including but not limited to ensuring proper oil, tire and fluid levels
- Ensure proper fuel tank level and fill with gasoline, if needed
- Complete paperwork associated with pick-up and delivery of vehicles
- Organize travel route and ensure vehicle paperwork is accurate and timely
- May be asked to clean vehicle and/or keep bus clean during shift
- May be asked to assist customers with directions, car options, luggage loading and unloading and basic policy/procedures
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license with no more than 1 at-fault accident/moving violation within the last 2 years
- No drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the past 5 years
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Apart from religious observations, must be able to work one of the following schedules:
- Schedule #1: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Schedule #2: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Must be willing to accept the starting pay of $11.50 per hour
- New Hire Orientation is held Tuesdays from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm in Indianapolis. Must be able to attend one of these sessions if hired.