Our fleet is always on the move. Whether you’re providing safe, well-maintained vehicles or driving them, our Automotive & Transportation team’s focus is to ensure that our customers are taken care of. They do it all. Perform preventative maintenance. Clean and detail vehicles. Transport them from branch to branch. And drive customers from airport terminals to our lots – serving as the face of our brands. Our goal is to get the work done right and return vehicles to daily rental operations.
Diesel Auto Technician - Full Time - KonaJob ID 169499
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with Enterprise Holdings, LLC a tri-branded company - Enterprise/Alamo/National Car Rental teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multi-billion dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At Enterprise Holdings, LLC., exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
Enterprise Holdings, LLC (Tri-Branded Enterprise/Alamo/National) has an exciting opportunity for an ASE Diesel Certified Technician located in Kona, HI. The Automotive/Bus Mechanic performs car and bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and vehicle reconditioning service according to company policy and procedures. This position requires the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
The successful candidate will be required to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, nights, and some holidays depending on business demand.
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturers specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Types of repairs will include brakes, onboard computer diagnostic and drivability, suspension and tires.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform reconditioning repairs on sales vehicles and deletes according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards.
- Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Must have a High School Diploma / G.E.D.
- Must have two years of automotive technical training at an accredited technical or trade school required, OR a minimum of two years of technical experience in an automotive repair shop servicing current model vehicles required
- Must have at least 4+ current and valid ASE certifications (one must include Diesel ASE)
Must have a current and valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record (no more than 3 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 5 years, and no DUI/DWI within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI)
Must have ownership of standard hand tools (produced in the last 5 years) to perform repairs and maintenance on current vehicles
Must have experience using repair shop testing and service equipment
- Must have a minimum of basic level experience and understanding of a PC and Microsoft Office Products
- Must be able understand, read, write, and speak English
- Understanding of GM, Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler warranty procedures is a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Aside from religious accommodation, must be able to work 40 hours per week