Automotive Maintenance Technician Internship- KCI Airport
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with Enterprise Holdings (Enterprise, National and Alamo) - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multi-billion dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
Enterprise Holdings has an exciting opportunity for a Automotive Maintenance Technician Internship. The Automotive Maintenance Technician Intern performs car and bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and buy back/turn back service according to company policy and procedures. This is a position of routine difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This Internship is located at our Service Center at the KCI Airport. This position is part-time and will average 25 hours per week. Weekday hours are flexible and can be worked around class schedules; weekend hours will be mandatory (Saturday & Sunday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm).
- Perform complete vehicle maintenance inspection including tires, brakes, and all fluid levels.
- Perform preventive maintenance (oil change and tire rotation) service according to the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Repair and replace tires.
- Replacement of wearable parts (i.e. bulbs, wipers).
- Maintain vehicle repair history by documenting a Repair Order to accurately reflect steps taken and part(s) used during the repair.
- Comply with part and inventory tracking procedures.
- May process new fleet, fuel reclamation or buy-backs.
- Maintain safe and clean work area.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. or in process of completing by May 2022
- Must be currently enrolled or be a graduate of an automotive related post-secondary program
- Previous technician/mechanical experience preferred.
- Must have a current and valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 3 years (DUI/DWI)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be able to understand, read, write, and speak English.
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work the following shift/schedule:
- Saturday and Sunday - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Flexible weekday hours