Building Maintenance Technician - LAX
Enterprise Holdings has an exciting opportunity for a Building Maintenance Technician. This Person will work with the Operations department to improve the appearance and safety of the LAX Airport location through regular repairs, preventive maintenance, cleaning, and assisting with branch renovations. This position may require work in grounds-keeping, painting, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, telecommunications, data and phone wiring, signs and lighting, and other maintenance tasks, as assigned.
The individual will be expected to perform all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This position will be based at our LAX Enterprise locations, but will include maintaining our offices at National and Alamo, as well. Tools will be provided. Candidates will need to be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings, and swing, since this is a 24 hour location.
This is a full time position. Starting pay is $24/hour- additional pay for HVAC certification
The Building Maintenance Technician will be responsible for a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs and services including but not limited to:
Electrical: Ballasts, bulbs, parking lot lights, outlet installation, dedicated circuits, and sign repair and maintenance.
Plumbing: General plumbing including repairing leaking faucets, replacing washers faucets and seals on malfunctioning plumbing equipment; cleaning clogged drains, hot water heater repair/replacement, basin cleaning in garages, pit/drain cleaning and snaking in garages
Painting: Latex/oil based paints, brush and roller applications, plaster, drywall and wallpaper repair. Interior and exterior jobs.
Locks: Deadbolts, levers, all hardware, combination locks
Doors: Metal/wood, closers, hinges, sweeps, etc.
IT: Installing computer hardware and cabling as needed and communicating with our Technical support team to resolve branch telephone and data hardware and connectivity issues. Tele-data wiring, Low voltage cable work
HVAC: working knowledge of HVAC systems and minor repair a plus
Furniture: Repair, drawers, adjustments, assembly
General Office: Ceiling tile replacement, changing filters, window cleaning, alarm updates, Time Delay Safe repairs, programming and installations, hanging artwork and bulletin boards and installing carpet tiles.
Landscaping: weeding and parking lot maintenance and pressure washing of exterior areas.
Additional duties include:
- Moving items as needed (i.e. furniture, file cabinets, boxes, etc.)
- Delivery of office and building supplies to the correct departments and locations
- Basic Safety Data Sheets knowledge and Health and Safety knowledge
- Small appliance and equipment installation (pressure washers, air compressors, etc…)
- Scheduling, monitoring and performing general and preventative maintenance of pressure washers, vacuum systems, and miscellaneous equipment at the branches.
- Assist on branch relocations and other special projects as directed by the Operations Department.
- Responsible for the timely completion of all assigned facility work order requests
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner at all times with all company employees, vendors and contractors.
- Exhibit a professional appearance and comply with all uniform requirements
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have HS Diploma/GED
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be able to move and climb ladders (6-30 feet) and work with arms overhead while on a ladder on a daily basis
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must have one year hands on building/facilities maintenance OR experience in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of building mechanical systems, plumbing, HVAC and electrical systems
- Apart from religious observances, must be able to work evenings, swing, and day-shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- This position requires a valid drivers license
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories as required by, and consistent with, applicable law.