Our fleet is always on the move. Whether you’re providing safe, well-maintained vehicles or driving them, our Automotive & Transportation team’s focus is to ensure that our customers are taken care of. They do it all. Perform preventative maintenance. Clean and detail vehicles. Transport them from branch to branch. And drive customers from airport terminals to our lots – serving as the face of our brands. Our goal is to get the work done right and return vehicles to daily rental operations.
CDL Shuttle Bus Driver National/Alamo-LAXJob ID 247884
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a temporary CDL Shuttle Bus Driver. The Bus Driver provides superior, friendly, efficient service during the rental car process, transporting customers to and from the rental facility in a safe and timely manner. Establishes and maintains clear communications with other bus operators and management team to ensure a consistent, superior level of customer service. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This is a Full-Time Union position, scheduled based on a shift bid. ****This position includes a $5000 Retention bonus***
- Provide customer service including greeting, arrival statement; identify level of service, determining airline drop-off, giving direction to exit and thanking customers.
- Provide safe, clean and comfortable transportation.
- Ensure that the bus is mechanically sound and that all required preventive and scheduled maintenance has been performed.
- Obey traffic regulations, use defensive driving skills and drive with seatbelts fastened.
- Assist passengers on and off the bus and help with luggage as needed.
- Operate radio in a professional manner using ten codes to keep base and other buses informed of traffic and location status.
- Inspect bus for damage and ensure that all equipment is in working order. Inform manager of any maintenance and or safety hazards.
- Follow route and bus spacing as required by location busing standards.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
This position requires a commercial drivers license (CDL) and is subject to DOT requirements including a pre-employment drug test and physical.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma OR G.E.D. OR 2 years DOT Bus Driving Experience OR Certificate of completion from Bus/Truck driving school
- Must have certificate from "Truck/Bus school" OR 1 year of passenger Bus driving experience.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs to assist customers with luggage
- Valid California Commercial Driver's License with both Passenger and Airbrake Brake Endorsements
- No more than 1 moving violation and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record in the past 3 years (ie., DUI/DWI)Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work swing, graveyard and day-shifts, including weekends and holidays.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories as required by, and consistent with, applicable law