Maintenance Technician National Alamo LAX Airport
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a full time Maintenance Technician at our Service Center at LAX! The Maintenance Technician performs car and bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and buy back/turn back service according to company policy and procedures. This is a position of routine difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
**This position is based at National/Alamo at LAX Airport in 90301.*
**This is a Union position. Schedule based on a shift bid. Apart from religious observances,must have open availability to work one of four shifts between 6:00am-11:00pm) - this includes nights and weekends**
**Starting pay is $14.00/hour**
- Ensure all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturer's specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform buy back/turn back servicing according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards; maintain Out-Of-Service at or below 2%.
- Maintain safe and clean work area.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to understand, read, write, and speak English.
- Minimum of 1 year experience handling mechanical service procedures to perform fleet maintenance activities OR must have graduated from Mechanic trade school.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and have the ability to lift, carry, push or pull a variety of tools, equipment and materials; and balance, stoop, kneel and crouch (medium duty labor).
- Apart from religious observances,must have open availability to work one of four shifts (6:00am-11:00pm) - this includes nights and weekends
Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- This position requires a valid driver's license.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories as required by, and consistent with, applicable law.