Engineer 1, Software (Usability) - ARMS Business Solutions - Madison, WIJob ID 231195
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
ARMS Business Solutions is a web-based vendor providing services and software solutions to insurance companies, vehicle manufacturers, fleets and collision repair centers. Our mission is simple: to bring all stakeholders in the collision repair industry together in a way that benefits everyone. Our web-based software solutions are designed to enhance performance management with complete transparency, concise measurements, and seamless data integration. We believe in the power of key performance indicators to drive improvement.
We are looking for a passionate UX/UI Designer to join our growing UX team. In this role, you will assist in the design of engaging, intuitive experiences across our product suite of web applications. You will solve complex problems by mapping user journeys, creating low-fidelity sketches and wireframes, to high-fidelity mockups and prototypes. You will collaborate with fellow UX designers, product managers, business analysts, subject matter experts and software engineers throughout the design process. We offer competitive career opportunities, great benefits and promote a work-life balance.
- Develop and define experience maps - what is the flow the user takes to accomplish their tasks, where do they begin and exit a feature?
- Sketch and create wireframes, high-fidelity mockups and clickable prototypes to communicate interaction and design ideas for complex web applications
- Utilize observations, research and analytics to help with ideas, and conduct tests to help validate them
- Work with the product and engineering team to understand feature requirements, champion user experience needs and then turn those needs into concepts, mockups, prototypes and design specifications
- Contribute and maintain our style guide, pattern library and component library to ensure consistency throughout our product suite
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 1+ years experience as a UX/Interaction designer, or related experience (this requirement can include any time spent in formal education)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and XD, or other similar UX related tools
- Exceptional eye for detail, ensuring quality of the design is upheld from concept to release
- Sound design fundamentals: color theory, visual hierarchy, typography and iconography
- Act as a continuous learner who actively seeks out and gives feedback to improve the experience
- Strong portfolio featuring design work that showcases visual and interaction design
- Flexibility, curiosity and ability to embrace complex design problems
- Ability to present work with confidence to a variety of audiences and make design decisions based on research
- Comfortable designing responsive experiences from mobile, tablet and desktop
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in User Experience, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field preferred
- Experience designing business enterprise web applications or new software products a plus
- Basic knowledge in HTML, CSS, Angular, and/or other common UI frameworks, so you have an understanding of what is realistic and can collaborate with developers