Engineer 2, Software (Java) - ARMS Business Solutions - Madison, WI
ARMS Business Solutions is a web-based vendor providing services and software solutions to insurance companies, vehicle manufacturers, fleets and collision repair centers. Our mission is simple: to bring all stakeholders in the collision repair industry together in a way that benefits everyone. Our web-based software solutions are designed to enhance performance management with complete transparency, concise measurements, and seamless data integration. We believe in the power of key performance indicators to drive improvement.
We’re looking for an ambitious and talented career-minded professional who would like to make a difference utilizing their skill set, while working in a thriving agile-methodology environment. We offer competitive career opportunities, great benefits and promote a work-life balance.
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
As an Engineer 2, Software you will develop, enhance and maintain existing and new modules within our ARMS Business Solutions software platform. As a key member of our development team you will be involved in all tiers of the solution, UI, middle tier and backend database and participate in full SDLC. We are relying on your senior level innovative problem solving and demonstrated software development skills using a variety of Open Source and Enterprise level technologies. You will work in small product focused teams delivering business specific technical solutions while working in partnership with other Software Development Engineers, Product Owners and Quality Assurance staff.
What you’ll be up to:
- Emphasis will be placed mostly on tactical initiatives such as designing, developing and reviewing code with the opportunity to be part of strategic visioning that includes introducing new technologies, design, improved metrics, and process improvements
- Lead designs of software components and features
- Be part of the full application lifecycle (design, develop, test, deploy and maintain), innovating in each step
- Designing API’s and working with other teams to build integrations
- Develop full slices of the application from the UI to the data store
- Developing the team using your experiences, at the same time developing yourself by learning from the team experiences
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of applications while delivering impactful business value
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in defining and developing REST based services
- Proficiency with Continuous Integration (Jenkins or other)
- Experience with Test automation (REST-assured, Selenium, etc)
- Experience in cloud native computing (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in micro-service environments
- Experience developing large complex applications
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience with NoSQL data stores
- Exposure to machine learning