Engineer 2, Usability- Entegral- Madison, WI
Entegral, is an integrated software platform that streamlines the post-accident process for service providers working to get a customer on their way and back into a vehicle. Entegral enables communications and collaboration between tens of thousands of collision repair shops, insurance providers and other industry professionals around the world.
Owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider and operator of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car® brand, Entegral compliments the value of Enterprise’s acclaimed Automated Rental Management System (ARMS®) software by increasing efficiency through the entirety of the claims process. When paired with ARMS, Entegral is a business-to-business solution that enhances the customer experience from the moment after an accident to the completion of the claim.
Enterprise Holdings Inc., a recognized leader in the automotive and insurance replacement industries, launched Entegral. Enterprise Holdings operates – through an integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises –Enterprise Rent-A-Car, as well as the Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental brands, in more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in 100 countries and territories.
Our Madison, WI based team is seeking an ambitious and talented career-minded professional who would like to make a difference utilizing their skill set, while working in a thriving agile-methodology environment. We offer competitive career opportunities, great benefits and promote a work-life balance.
As a senior-level UX Designer, you will assist in the design of engaging, intuitive experiences across our product suite of web applications. You will solve complex problems by mapping user journeys, creating low-fidelity sketches and wireframes, to high-fidelity mockups and prototypes. You will collaborate with product owners, business analysts, subject matter experts and software engineers throughout the design process.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and define experience maps - what is the flow the user takes to accomplish their tasks, where do they begin and exit a feature?
- Sketch and create wireframes, high-fidelity mockups and clickable prototypes to communicate interaction and design ideas for complex web applications
- Utilize observations, research and analytics to help support ideas, and conduct tests to help validate them
- Work with product and engineering teams to understand feature requirements, champion user experience needs and then turn those needs into concepts, mockups, prototypes and design specifications
- Mentor junior UX designers on design process, techniques, and solutions
- Contribute and maintain our style guide, pattern library and component library to ensure consistency throughout our product suite
- Production utilizing Adobe XD, Photoshop and Illustrator, or other similar UX related tools
- Committment to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
Job knowledge, skills and abilities required include:
- Sound design fundamentals: color theory, visual hierarchy, typography and iconography
- Strong portfolio featuring design work that showcases visual and interaction design
- Comfortable designing responsive experiences from mobile, tablet and desktop
- Expert knowledge of interface and interaction design
- Experience and knowledge of UX best practices
- Experience of usability evaluation methods
- Exceptional eye for detail, ensuring quality of the design is upheld from concept to release
- Act as a continuous learner who actively seeks out and gives feedback to improve the experience
- Flexibility, curiosity and ability to embrace complex design problems
- Ability to present work with confidence to a variety of audiences and make design decisions based on research
- Ability to produce Prototypes, wireframes, and storyboards
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to communicate to both a technical and nontechnical audience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years of experience as a UX/Interaction designer, or related experience
- Must be able to work on-site at our Madison, WI location
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience designing business enterprise web applications or new software products a plus
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment and working within scrum teams
- Basic knowledge in HTML, CSS, Angular, and/or other common UI frameworks