job details at a glance
Primary LocationMadison, WI - US
Build Leading-Edge Customer Facing Technology Solutions
Your raw talent
We'll shape it into something special
Information Technology at Enterprise Holdings shapes the landscape of our business and the transportation industry. Here, you will be part of a growing innovative IT organization with access to the latest technology to build tools and systems helping to get our customers to their destinations faster. What does this mean for you? It means an opportunity to work with leading-edge technology alongside a team that is just as enthusiastic, creative and curious as you are. We believe the key to finding the best solutions is listening to and empowering our team and giving everyone an equal voice.
What you'll need to bring to the table
- Solutions Focused
- Leadership Potential
- Technological Expert
Your IT career
Here's what you need to know
Entegral Enterprise Data Architect - Remote
Entegral is seeking a motivated, adaptable, career-minded teammate who would like to utilize their skill set in a thriving agile-methodology environment. We offer competitive career advancement opportunities, a comprehensive benefits package and promote a work-life balance. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Enterprise Data Architect will work closely with IT Engineering Leadership, Product and Business Development to understand our vast data footprint and the value our data offers to our target market. You will collaborate with IT Engineering Leadership and Product Leadership on a future-state vision for our data portfolio, including software, resources and consultants needed to develop industry-leading data practices. You will work closely with software and security architects and engineers to ensure our overall IT delivery strategy is closely understood. You must be able to maintain effective relationships with all levels of company management, as well as with internal and external customers. You will also be required to establish and monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes and procedures.
Entegral is a SaaS business-to-business solution that enhances the customer experience from the moment after an accident to the completion of the claim. Entegral is an integrated software platform that enables communication and collaboration between tens of thousands of collision repair shops, insurance providers and other industry professionals around the world. Owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider and operator of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car® brand, Entegral complements the value of Enterprise’s acclaimed Automated Rental Management System (ARMS®) software by increasing efficiency throughout the claims process.
We are a remote-first organization with remote and hybrid employees aligned to flexible teams from office locations in California, Missouri, Wisconsin and the United Kingdom. Residents of the following United States are invited to apply for remote work opportunities, as these are the locations Entegral has business licenses: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA and WI.
Entegral is a global organization that strives to provide an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive. Our products reflect the diversity of our team and we work to ensure that our products meet the needs of all of our customers. At Entegral, we recognize the value of diverse perspectives in everything we do and strive to ensure employees of all backgrounds feel empowered to voice their ideas and bring their authentic selves to work. We achieve these priorities through inclusive programs, benefits, and initiatives that are integrated into the fabric of how we work every day. We refine and challenge our agile mindset through various communities of practice, days of development, and innovation days.
Our culture values diversity, engagement, and discovery and we welcome you to join our team.
- Emphasis will be placed on strategic visioning such as overall design, introducing new technologies, improved metrics, and process improvements in data warehouse design, data modeling and data governance
- Building and operationalizing a data strategy that aligns with our multiple cloud-driven microservices architecture
- Drive towards adoption of the target state architecture by executing on the strategy. Must possess the leadership qualities necessary to drive change and adoption of the strategy.
- Work with our Product Managers to define the technical strategy for our data driven products and applications.
- Develop Architectures for highly scalable and fault-tolerant products, such as Confluent Cloud and various database technologies, including SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc.
- Provide technical and architectural oversight of data pipelines and systems that are required to be reliable, massively scalable, highly available, and maintainable.
- Work with Security Governance on developing actionable policies with Data Privacy, including segmentation, encryption and categorization of data elements.
- Work with our product organization to develop features into our product pipeline that transition our development teams to our longer term platform strategy.
- Collaborating and coordinating with multiple departments, stakeholders, partners, and external vendors on the overall strategy
- Define solution level architecture for agile teams including guidance on development tools, target platforms, operations, and security.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of databases and API’s delivering data while delivering impactful business value
- Analyze, design and develop data models. Design and optimize ETL processes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum, high school diploma or GED
- For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed Internet connection and dedicated work space are required
- Must be located in AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA or WI
- 10+ years of experience setting design patterns for application integration, data governance or analytics development
- 5+ years of experience in a data architect, data analyst, or data modeler role for a large, complex business
- producing data deliverables for BI or analytics solutions
- direct hands-on experience designing and developing data solutions and data modeling, including BI solutions with multi-tenancy
- 3+ years planning, estimating and sizing cloud-based data opportunities, in a global delivery model (Google Cloud, Azure or AWS)
- 3+ years of experience in working with various go-to-market channels, supporting sales and driving business
- Experience in an Agile (Scrum or KANBAN) working environment
- Experience with Global data protection and governance
- Experience with various design and architectural patterns
- Advanced degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field of study. Or equivalent technical experience in a professional environment
- Microsoft certified Azure Data, Cloud or Security Architect
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) certification (or comparable experience)
- Experience with private and public cloud architectures
- Experience in cloud native computing (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in Azure cloud computing (PaaS and IaaS)
- Experience in Data Science
- Experience with organizing and structuring data to utilize ML (machine learning) and other predictive analytics
- Experience in SQL or NoSQL DB structures, experience with DB migration scripts (SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo)
- Experience with technology stacks available in the industry for data cataloging, data ingestion, capture, processing and curation: Kafka, StreamSets, Attunity, Collibra, Map Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, Flume, Hive, Impala, SparkSQL
Qualified candidates should also possess:
- Demonstrated ability and examples of keeping current on technology trends
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience leveraging your influence to drive results at a team and product level
- Examples of promoting innovative changes at a team or department level
- Experience leading initiatives or teams from a technical perspective
Working for a great company comes with rewards
Health and Wellfare Benefits
Profit Sharing and 401(k) Match
Flexible Schedules and Remote Work
Casual Work Environment
Our company culture
Our doors are open.
Ours is an inclusive environment. From employees to customers to business partners, we embrace the differences that make us successful and unique.
We strengthen our communities – one neighborhood at a time.
The Enterprise Holdings business began in neighborhoods. We owe our success to the people in the communities where we live and work. We're committed to supporting them and growing – together.
"Regardless of your role in IT, you are encouraged to be an active participant in helping to find a solution, which ultimately challenges you and provides you with stretch opportunities.”
Information Technology Opportunities
- Internships and Entry-Level Roles
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- People and Technology Leaders
- …and others. A variety of roles are available across our IT Functions.