job details at a glance
Primary LocationMadison, WI - US
Build Leading-Edge Customer Facing Technology Solutions
Your raw talent
We'll shape it into something special
Information Technology at Enterprise Holdings shapes the landscape of our business and the transportation industry. Here, you will be part of a growing innovative IT organization with access to the latest technology to build tools and systems helping to get our customers to their destinations faster. What does this mean for you? It means an opportunity to work with leading-edge technology alongside a team that is just as enthusiastic, creative and curious as you are. We believe the key to finding the best solutions is listening to and empowering our team and giving everyone an equal voice.
What you'll need to bring to the table
- Solutions Focused
- Leadership Potential
- Technological Expert
Your IT career
Here's what you need to know
Entegral IT Engineering Manager (Remote or Onsite)
Entegral is a global team of individuals who collectively create a culture that strives to provide an inclusive environment where you can thrive. We offer an active community minded Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee. We support our women through monthly employee resource groups. We believe in belonging through providing My Purpose, My Time paid time off to volunteer. We invest in your growth through dedicated Days of Development. We believe in people over process. We refine and challenge our agile mindset through various communities of practice. Your voice is important and we have a commitment to listen in our company wide town halls. We welcome you to join our team!
Powered by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider and operator of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car® brand, Entegral is a business-to-business solution that enhances the customer experience from the moment after an accident to the completion of the claim.
Enterprise Holdings Inc., a recognized leader in the automotive and insurance replacement industries, launched Entegral. Enterprise Holdings operates – through an integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises –Enterprise Rent-A-Car, as well as the Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental brands, in more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in 100 countries and territories.
Entegral is a remote first organization with remote and onsite employees aligned to flexible teams from office locations in California, Missouri, Wisconsin and the United Kingdom. Residents of the following United States are invited to apply for remote work opportunities as these are the locations Entegral has business licenses; AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA and WI with flexible options available for candidates local to primary office locations.
Our team is seeking a motivated, adaptable, hard working teammate and talented career-minded professional who would like to make a difference utilizing their skill set, while working in a thriving agile-methodology environment. We offer competitive career opportunities, great benefits and promote a work-life balance.
We are diverse. We are equitable. We are inclusive. Entegral is promoting an inclusive and equitable company culture. We work to ensure that our products meet the needs of all of our customers. Our products reflect the diversity of our team.
As an IT Engineering Manager for Entegral, you will be responsible for ensuring that Entegral has the right technical people with the right skills available at the right time to accomplish highly technical work. This will all be done within our Scaled Agile framework and collaborating with our Product and Management teams on a daily basis. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and developing the foundation of our success - our people. Applying the skills and talents of our people to provide the most value to the organization requires understanding and setting priorities, looking to the future to develop capabilities and capacity, and proactively working with the individuals and the team to develop skills and cohesion.
- Effectively recruiting, selecting, orienting employees
- Communicating job expectations and ensuring employees not only understand their jobs, but also how they will be measured against performing their jobs satisfactorily; plans, monitors, and appraises job results
- Providing career counseling and development; coaching, mentoring and rewarding employees; proactively promoting growth opportunities through training and stretch assignments
- Executing company policies and practices; serving as conduit to employees for corporate communications initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Ensuring the organization is making the best use of talent through effective planning and allocation; understanding the changing needs and priorities of the organization to ensure that the right talent is available, and has the time and skills to complete the work; deploying talent within their control to achieve plans based on the requests from product teams
- Increasing the awareness of Entegral, to include developing a roadmap that builds relationships at the local colleges and various technical and non-technical focus groups
- Working closely with IT project and scrum teams on staff planning needs and partnering with Senior Management to ensure employee growth goals and skill sets are properly aligned to the strategic vision
- Working closely with Senior Management on project and functional IT goals & objectives to better enable the teams to scale systems and skill sets to meet increasing demand
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be located in AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA or WI
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 5 years of people management experience, to include managing and developing people
- At minimum graduated high school or GED
- Must have experience managing team(s) in an IT application development environment
- Must have knowledge of software design and development concepts
- Must have experience managing a diverse workforce and helping employees thrive in an inclusive environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience in evaluating individual performance against goals, and provide meaningful and constructive feedback/coaching to the people that they manage
- Experience in understanding the skills and interests of the team, and make sure that those skills are being developed to meet both current and future needs of the organization
Qualified Candidates should also possess:
- Mindfulness of team dynamics (the strengths and weaknesses of the individuals in the team and how they interact with one another), resolving issues/conflicts and supporting team morale
- Adept at managing a limited supply of resources against constantly changing demand, which requires a good view of what is coming up and creating short-, mid- and long-term resource plans
- Knowledge and experience working within an Agile team environment and managing different roles and skill sets
- Motivated, self-starter that can work independently and recognize the need to escalate when appropriate
- Demonstrate flexibility and agility related to critical thinking and making decisions with complex considerations as it relates to resource allocations
- Positive change agent with the ability to constructively challenge prevailing thoughts and processes
- Must possess exceptional communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to effectively convey complex information in a manner that is easily understood and actionable to all levels of the organization
- Must have strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Possess top-notch people skills and the ability to effectively set and articulate job responsibilities, performance goals and standards
Working for a great company comes with rewards
Health and Wellfare Benefits
Profit Sharing and 401(k) Match
Flexible Schedules and Remote Work
Casual Work Environment
Our company culture
Our doors are open.
Ours is an inclusive environment. From employees to customers to business partners, we embrace the differences that make us successful and unique.
We strengthen our communities – one neighborhood at a time.
The Enterprise Holdings business began in neighborhoods. We owe our success to the people in the communities where we live and work. We're committed to supporting them and growing – together.
"Regardless of your role in IT, you are encouraged to be an active participant in helping to find a solution, which ultimately challenges you and provides you with stretch opportunities.”
Information Technology Opportunities
- Internships and Entry-Level Roles
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- People and Technology Leaders
- …and others. A variety of roles are available across our IT Functions.