job details at a glance
Primary LocationMadison, WI - US
Build Leading-Edge Customer Facing Technology Solutions
Your raw talent
We'll shape it into something special
Information Technology at Enterprise Holdings shapes the landscape of our business and the transportation industry. Here, you will be part of a growing innovative IT organization with access to the latest technology to build tools and systems helping to get our customers to their destinations faster. What does this mean for you? It means an opportunity to work with leading-edge technology alongside a team that is just as enthusiastic, creative and curious as you are. We believe the key to finding the best solutions is listening to and empowering our team and giving everyone an equal voice.
What you'll need to bring to the table
- Solutions Focused
- Leadership Potential
- Technological Expert
Your IT career
Here's what you need to know
Entegral Senior Software Engineer - Security - Remote
Entegral is seeking a motivated, adaptable, career-minded teammate who would like to utilize their skill set in a thriving agile-methodology environment. We offer competitive career advancement opportunities, a comprehensive benefits package and promote a work-life balance. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Be part of a team where you will have autonomy to design and develop technological advances. You’ll work in a very agile and collaborative environment establishing advanced methods, theories and research techniques that support the technical vision and strategy of Entegral. We’ll look to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner. You’ll provide viable recommendations for new solutions and lead their implementation, ensure team commitments are established and met, and provide instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments. Daily activities include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture, improving overall product quality and integration efficiencies. Also, you’ll be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
Entegral is a SaaS business-to-business solution that enhances the customer experience from the moment after an accident to the completion of the claim. Entegral is an integrated software platform that enables communication and collaboration between tens of thousands of collision repair shops, insurance providers and other industry professionals around the world. Owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider and operator of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car® brand, Entegral complements the value of Enterprise’s acclaimed Automated Rental Management System (ARMS®) software by increasing efficiency throughout the claims process.
We are a remote-first organization with remote and hybrid employees aligned to flexible teams from office locations in California, Missouri, Wisconsin and the United Kingdom. Residents of the following United States are invited to apply for remote work opportunities, as these are the locations Entegral has business licenses: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA and WI.
Entegral is a global organization that strives to provide an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive. Our products reflect the diversity of our team and we work to ensure that our products meet the needs of all of our customers. At Entegral, we recognize the value of diverse perspectives in everything we do and strive to ensure employees of all backgrounds feel empowered to voice their ideas and bring their authentic selves to work. We achieve these priorities through inclusive programs, benefits, and initiatives that are integrated into the fabric of how we work every day. We refine and challenge our agile mindset through various communities of practice, days of development, and innovation days.
Our culture values diversity, engagement, and discovery and we welcome you to join our team.
● In conjunction with engineering from the Security Operation Center, monitors the output of vulnerabilities including system patching, deployment of specialized controls, code or infrastructure changes, and changes in development processes.
● Assist with and Develop enrichment pipelines and automation to enhance the fidelity of threat detections.
● Perform investigations into security incidents
● Conduct regular security assessments
● Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies
● Work with system engineers and customers to understand and implement continuous improvement processes, automation, system upgrades and rollouts.
● Audit system resources and take action as necessary.
● Significant individual contributor performing application design and coding
● Ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Entegral’s information and information systems
● Use open source frameworks, including Java, to write, translate, re-factor, and code software programs and applications
according to specifications provided by Solution Architects
● Work with CloudOps, Enablement and other Software Development Engineers to assist in analyzing and resolving
complex problems within a SaaS platform
● Experience contributing to complex application development efforts
● Experience with penetration testing
● Participate in daily stand-ups, planning meetings and review sessions (using Scrum/Agile methodology)
● Develop and maintain automated tests, helping to improve software quality
● Participate in and lead design and code reviews
● Facilitate Paired programming or mob sessions, leading and mentoring less experienced engineers
● Understand the business operations and processes on assigned projects
● Work across product roadmap initiatives
● Lead level technical development expertise in software development disciplines including design, coding, testing,
deployment, and software management and integration
● Work with various design and architectural patterns
● Work with applications that leverage Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
● Design, develop, execute, and maintain complex automated test code, scripts, data, and associated drivers per
recognized SDLC methodology.
● Share responsibility with your teammates for occasional after-hours on-call rotation for support of production level systems
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
● Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
● Minimum, high school diploma or GED
● Must be at least 18 years of age● For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed Internet connection and dedicated work space are required
● Must be located in one of the following locations: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA,
WA or WI
● 5+ years of professional experience in application design and development at an enterprise level. (post-graduate)
● 5+ years of experience in SQL or NoSQL DB structures, experience with DB migration scripts (SQL Server, MySQL,
● 5+ years of experience with object-oriented programming languages
● 5+ years of experience in Java
● 2+ years of experience designing and developing in a microservices environment
● 5+ years in deploying Security solutions in a highly distributed Enterprise environment
● Experience with security by design and defense in depth for cloud-based applications
● Advanced degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field of study. Or equivalent technical experience in a professional environment
● 3+ years of experience in front-end technologies, such as: Angular or Nest.js
● 8+ years of experience with object-oriented programming language, including JAVA, Node.js or SpringBoot
● 4+ years of experience designing and developing in a micro-service environments
● Experience creating applications in cloud-based and cloud native development environments (ex. Azure, AWS, Google,
● Experience creating and consuming Restful and/or SOAP API's
● Experience developing software in a SaaS environment using CI/CD and DevOps methodology
● Automated test development and execution (for example, REST-assured, Selenium, etc)
● Experience in an Agile working environment
Qualified candidates should also possess:
● Experience in an Agile (Scrum or KANBAN) working environment
● Demonstrated ability and examples of keeping current on technology trends
● Good communication and collaboration skills
● Experience with designing new methods and working with existing patterns in a previous role
● Experience leading initiatives or teams from a technical perspective
● Experience mentoring less experienced engineers
● Articulate and demonstrate a clear understanding of the aspects of object oriented development
● Proficiency with web application security
● Knowledge of security best practices for public clouds (AWS or GCP preferred)
● Persuasive, collaborative business acumen with the ability to influence product roadmaps from a technical perspective
● Strong communication skills both written and verbal
● Committed to continuous improvement by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications;
maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
● Initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
● Resiliency in the face of changing priorities and requirements
Working for a great company comes with rewards
Health and Wellfare Benefits
Profit Sharing and 401(k) Match
Flexible Schedules and Remote Work
Casual Work Environment
Our company culture
Our doors are open.
Ours is an inclusive environment. From employees to customers to business partners, we embrace the differences that make us successful and unique.
We strengthen our communities – one neighborhood at a time.
The Enterprise Holdings business began in neighborhoods. We owe our success to the people in the communities where we live and work. We're committed to supporting them and growing – together.
"Regardless of your role in IT, you are encouraged to be an active participant in helping to find a solution, which ultimately challenges you and provides you with stretch opportunities.”
Information Technology Opportunities
- Internships and Entry-Level Roles
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- People and Technology Leaders
- …and others. A variety of roles are available across our IT Functions.